Active Topics

I get "Error 404 - Not Found" when I click your link.

And please post a link to the Wiki pages for convenience.

Thnkz

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Sorry, link fixed, and wiki added, pls see #20. Hope it help.

bun

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by webman View Post
I see in the forums that this has been an issue since the N770 days, they should really look into fixing this!

Mine 770 never have this problem. Never.

bun
a proud owner since 6/07

Okay, new information...

I reflashed my N810 again. Now with software:
RX-44_2008SE_1.2007.42-18_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM

I did not recover a backup, nor did I install any additional software.

The device seemed to switch off and on normally in the beginning.

Then I switched it off.
When I wanted to turn it back on, I just touched the on/off switch briefly, the led went on, but I did not press down long enough for the device to boot. The led went off as soon as I released the button. Then the N810 will not turn back on again!

I am planning to return it and get another one.

Did any of you guys that upgraded the firmware have a working unit?

this is what i have found out so far:
hope someone else can confirm this.

- i turn my 810 off. later goto turn it back on , wont come on, plug in power, after the nokia logo, i can turn it on. when it boots up i pull the power and the battery is almost dead.

- i turn my 810 off. pull the battery, later put battery in, turn on fine.

so it seems that my issue is that the battery is being run down while it is powered off.

I don't know if this is still a current issue for anyone. But my N810 arrived a couple days ago and I took it out of the box, inserted the battery, charged it and then tried to turn it on. After a few attempts and plugging it in and out of the wall charger, it turned on. Every time I turn it off and wait a while, it goes through the same difficulty turning it on.

I found out from the flagship store in NY (whom I'd say were very helpful and knowledgeable about all the nokia products, including mine) immediately pointed out that my software version number was quite old.

I'm going there tomorrow to get the device reflashed and they said that problem is fixed in later versions. So I hope this is helpful to others, my software version at this point is 1.2007.42-19, I think they said they were up to 54 or something by now.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Upgrade it

The latest OS2008 release (51-3 afaik) fixes that problem. You can flash it yourself at home, officially.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tip qwerty12,

I guess I should of looked around a bit in the newbie forum and learned that you can flash this yourself, but I stumbled across the Internet Tablet School and it was a cinch to upgrade.

Saved me a trip to the Nokia store, but now I'll have to check to see if the battery stops draining while it's off too. I hope this upgrade fixes that problem also.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Nashville, TN
Hello,

I have had my N810 for about a month now And I love it. However I noticed a real problem tonight. I Hardly ever watched You Tube Videos on it but decided I wanted to see something so I Go to the site, and start a video. It kind of takes a while, I hear the opening few seconds of the video and then it locks up... Then you see the "Replay again" etc as if the video is done playing, so I click "play again" and then the sh*t hits the fan. It locks up again and I see a back lit screen but it is completely black. So I press and hold the power button. Nothing. I become impatient and pull the battery. And leave it out for a bit. Now I try to turn it on and it doesnt turn on even after holding the power button for 60 seconds. I plug in the power cord with battery and still nothing. So now I am at the step of leaving the battery out for a good 20-30 minutes.

Please tell me I didnt brick this thing. I love it so much. If I bricked it I think I am going to cry.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Nashville, TN
OK I took the battery out for 30+ minutes and still nothing. So how do you "Flash" the device?