Notices

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
Can anyone confirm whether it's possible to make a video call to a contact who doesn't have a webcam?

i.e. my contact sees me on their PC, but I just hear voice...?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London, UK.
I think I have the same issue as spanner.

I cannot see the option to make a Skype video call in my contacts, or an option to turn on video during a Skype call.

I am calling people who don't have a webcam. I thought I would still be able to send video, even if they can't send their own.

I've checked the settings in the receiver's desktop Skype, and it is set to "Automatically receive video from people in my contacts list", and I am in the contacts list.

It will be a real shame if this only works if the other person has a web cam.

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I had the same problem with the "Skype Video Call" button not being shown in my contacts.

I managed to get it to show by simply disabling the Skype account and then going back in to the options an enabling it again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
I had the same problem with the "Skype Video Call" button not being shown in my contacts.

I managed to get it to show by simply disabling the Skype account and then going back in to the options an enabling it again.
Hmm, I already tried that. I'll give it a go once more...

Cheers,
Mark.

didn't work for me

The Following User Says Thank You to asidana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Just to confirm - I actually disabled the skype account (whilst my other accounts were still online), waited for a bit, and then re-enabled it. I didn't just set my status to offline/online.

Last edited by mattaustin; 2010-05-25 at 14:53.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I really like that they decided to include video calling in this release however I am disappointed that you can't rotate the camera and hold the phone in portrait mode just like you would with a voice call.

Or has anyone found a way to do this?

I can confirm that if contact is using official skype client you can see video call option on your contact

I tried it with my girlfriend, there is no option to video call so I asked her to video call me and it worked.

Hello guys,

I tried disabling my Skype account, even deleting and recreating my account, and still no video call option. I've also tried on both WiFi and 3/3.5G, and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mark.

Tags
bada rox