Notices

OptX, I really appreciate you r trying your best to make Transmission possible.. I request all the gr8 dev on maemo.org to please help OptX to develop this very useful & wonderful application for N900..

OptX what about putting your work for testing & getting response from all dev on how to improve this app ?? juz an idea..

And hv u made any further progress ??

Originally Posted by OptX View Post
Since my little dev knowlege, it could take some time to get it something out of this.
Still looking / searching for info's to change the gui. Maby i type the wrong search, since im from germany

Any infos would be great
OptX, I found this link. I am no dev, but does this link help you in anyway :

http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/

The Following User Says Thank You to vivek5000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
THX for the Info's
I know now where to start (THX to javispedro )
Looks like this is something that takes time for a noob like me but i allready started to read about how this is done.
Will have a look @ this gui also, but i think it would be better to run just Transmission imho.
Edit :
I used the webui from Transmission itself
Looks like this :

Works real nice, and it is easy going
Slowdowns are still here, just a short time till it gets back up, but still here. Dont know how this was b4.
I set this whole thing up that it looks @ a specific folder for .torrents, So just need to download the file, rest is done by transmission.

Since it will take a while to get into this hildonize stuff, i could make a howto for this one if somebody wanna test it

Last edited by OptX; 2010-07-28 at 18:35. Reason: Update

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
There is one more link I found which could help (maybe you already referred to this)

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...yle_Guide.html

THX for the Info's
I know now where to start (THX to javispedro )
Looks like this is something that takes time for a noob like me but i allready started to read about how this is done.
Will have a look @ this gui also, but i think it would be better to run just Transmission imho.
Edit :
I used the webui from Transmission itself
Looks like this :

Works real nice, and it is easy going
Slowdowns are still here, just a short time till it gets back up, but still here. Dont know how this was b4.
I set this whole thing up that it looks @ a specific folder for .torrents, So just need to download the file, rest is done by transmission.

Since it will take a while to get into this hildonize stuff, i could make a howto for this one if somebody wanna test it
Wow !!! looks really kool & mind-blowing.. Bow down to you Optx and sincere thanks to you for giving it so much time !! It has been a one man army show..

Is it possible to download torrents directly from a web browser like we do on the pc?? And how soon are you gonna upload it on Maemo for testing??

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
personally transmissions worked like a charm for me since i switched downloads to the sd card and tweaked a couple of settings, are there any major improvements in the new version other than hoping it'll fix (for those who find it broken at least) some issues?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Originally Posted by vivek5000 View Post
Is it possible to download torrents directly from a web browser like we do on the pc?? And how soon are you gonna upload it on Maemo for testing??
The one with the webui works in that way. You choose the .torrent
you want to download, and save it to a folder. Transmission looks in that folder for files and add them automatic. So it is just downloading, rest is done by transmission.

As i told, it will take some time to make it work the way like qwerty12 did it. Im new to this "hildonisation" stuff and have to read and try some stuff. When this is done, i will talk to qwerty12 and we will see what we do

For now i can make a package with all files and a howto, so it can be done easy without donwloading it from maemo, if you like.

@ festivalnut, here you can see, what was done since 1.75 :
Changes
Can you please share your tweaks ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
im totally waiting for this new release

N9 64gb black

For now i can make a package with all files and a howto, so it can be done easy without donwloading it from maemo, if you like.
Sure.. I think that would be good as many users & dev can test it and help u to make a complete app.. I must say gr8 goin OptX !!

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I suggest starting from qwerty12's build, since I really doubt his changes are the cause of the I/O weirdness. (Unless 1.0 -> 2.0 Gtk+ UI changed too much).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, transmission