Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
This is business like it or not someone knows how to make a good living and will do so out of this !.

Notice that the delivery dates on the sale are in October. I don't see what the big fuss over this is... It's basically a pre-order.

The Following User Says Thank You to hangster For This Useful Post:
It is a legitmate sale and is obvious everyone has to wait for the seller to get in stock from his source.

Nothing underhand going on here so i say the same thing... what is the fuss all about???????.

You want the N9 you got to be prepared to pay over the odds to guarantee getting one simple as that.

PS NO i am not the seller !!! i just obviously got more scruples than you lot who are making a fuss over nothing !.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
The issue I have is with the price gouging. I could fly to the UK and buy one at a store for less than staying at home and buying it from this guy on eBay.

You also won't get warranty service for the phone. Since you live in the USA Nokia will refuse to honor it. Your new $1,000 phone is broken? Too bad! Anyone, including the previous poster who said he bought one, is an outright idiot for paying that much for a device that is "AS-IS" and you're out a nice $1k if anything goes wrong.

Let me break it down another way, too: The guy is going to make about $500 USD for each phone he sells in profit. If he sells all of his "preorders" that will total a nice $10,000 USD profit. He probably won't report it on his taxes either, which he has to. I could send a nice little note to the IRS about him.

Just look at all the lost sales Nokia. You could have sold many N9s in the USA for $700 or even $800. Now that money is going to Joe Nobody who won't even offer support.

Last edited by mooninite; 2011-08-23 at 17:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to mooninite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
The issue I have is with the price gouging. I could fly to the UK and buy one at a store for less than staying at home and buying it from this guy on eBay.

You also won't get warranty service for the phone. Since you live in the USA Nokia will refuse to honor it. Your new $1,000 phone is broken? Too bad! Anyone, including the previous poster who said he bought one, is an outright idiot for paying that much for a device that is "AS-IS" and you're out a nice $1k if anything goes wrong.

Let me break it down another way, too: The guy is going to make about $500 USD for each phone he sells in profit. If he sells all of his "preorders" that will total a nice $10,000 USD profit. He probably won't report it on his taxes either, which he has to. I could send a nice little note to the IRS about him.

Just look at all the lost sales Nokia. You could have sold many N9s in the USA for $700 or even $800. Now that money is going to Joe Nobody who won't even offer support.
Why are you so pumped over this? Don't like it, don't look at it. Go ahead and fly to UK for a phone. There are people who will love to buy this while sitting on their *** at home, even if it means paying extra. This is how business is done, you always sell everything at a premium. If you think you can buy a phone for $600 and sell it for $600 and live a life, please go see a doctor. Everything in this world is sold at a premium.

He doesn't have to report anything to IRS, he is making a personal sale of his personal equipment. When you sell something on craigslist, do you report to IRS? And you want to tip off IRS? What are you, 15? Go get a life.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erzhik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mooninite View Post

Better you go see mommy for some advice because you obviously have not learned anything in life !.

When you want something that much you go get it no matter what the cost and as for warranty.... they are made by Nokia and will carry the same conditions no matter what .... by Nokia !.

Wow your a winger for what ????.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
When you want something that much you go get it no matter what the cost and as for warranty.... they are made by Nokia and will carry the same conditions no matter what .... by Nokia !.
That is not true. Nokia will not honor warranties for phones if you live in a market they do not sell it in.

Google for stories of this happening to people if you don't believe me.

This is my last reply to you. You cannot hold a civil conversation.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mooninite For This Useful Post:
^He's right. You get no warranty support if you live in a country where the item is not available. And it's looking like that is nearly every country on the planet.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Can someone explain me the concept of preordering?
- you pay a higher price
- you can't change your mind if something better comes in the meantime
- you still have to wait till release

I'm genuinely puzzled

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Can someone explain me the concept of preordering?
- you pay a higher price
- you can't change your mind if something better comes in the meantime
- you still have to wait till release

I'm genuinely puzzled
In the case of this ebay pre order, yes, that's pretty much how it works. Other retailers, usually just take your email and confirm the price with you at a later date. You don't actually put any money down ahead of time. That way, if you come across a better deal, you can choose that one. Whereas, with this Ebay sale, you're out of 1000 bucks upfront and are at the mercy of whenever the seller gets their product, which could be before, or after other retailers get theirs.