Active Topics

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I got to use the Droid for one hour today during lunch- power lunch . A good thing is the rep is a gamer too

1. Screen is amazing
2. Very solid build
3. Device had 222 megs free for app installs, but there were already some apps installed by the rep.
4. The keyboard is more annoying than the G1's
5. The camera has trouble focusing and the barcode scanner had a hard time, but the G1 had no problems in same light conditions.
6. Pictures are poor due to the focus problem. When it worked, the pics seemed good.
7. D-pad is only four directions and diagonal movement results in no change.
8. Higher res 720X480 MP4 plays fine but chokes and dies on G1.
10. Metal Slug series plays "perfect" with full sound. Catch is the keyboard, but grenades still just as lethal G1 has trouble with all but first Metal Slug and it has frame issues with sound on.
11. Web surfing was faster on Droid with same pages on 3G compared to my G1 on wifi. (not good comparison, but not enough time for others)
12. Has a class 2 16gb card under tha battery
13. Ran out of time

I give the Droid an A-. Would have been an "A". but the "card under the battery" issue bugs me. Still, my G1 is like a cheap Trac-Phone compared to Droid.

I think the KB can be gotten used to and the camera must be a software issue. The focus issue is VERY obvious though.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-11-02 at 18:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
It doesn't have a digital compass (as rumored), just like it didn't have internal memory either.
According to the driod website it has a "e-compass for augmented reality" sounds like a digital compass to me

just go thru the option "wheel" and youll see it between Video and Tunes
http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/

Last edited by migs; 2009-11-02 at 18:54.