Active Topics

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
I agree with everything else you say - but why the hell would you want to watch video in portrait mode?
It would just be nice to have the whole UI follow the positioning of the device. If I have to hold it with one hand, or whatever, it should rotate accordingly.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I agree with everything else you say - but why the hell would you want to watch video in portrait mode?
Some videos are best watched with one hand free...

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
too much information! BUT hell if you can do that you might hold the device landscape... or put it on the stand! ehw! pictures in my head...

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Don't care much about the portrait mode... Just want the MMS to be enabled... that's all.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
too much information! BUT hell if you can do that you might hold the device landscape... or put it on the stand! ehw! pictures in my head...
I'm sure what he meant was... he needs to watch videos one handed, so with his second N900 he can take a video of him watching a video in the other hand in portrait mode.....

(Or maybe not.....)

It is no difference than people requesting viewing websites in portrait mode. It is simply too small imo. It's good to have options i guess. People want SMS or IM to be in portrait mode but when you need to type (which most of the time you do), then you need to switch to landscape to use the keyboard. Unless you want to use the slower onscreen keyboard. It's just another option.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
It is no difference than people requesting viewing websites in portrait mode. It is simply too small imo. It's good to have options i guess. People want SMS or IM to be in portrait mode but when you need to type (which most of the time you do), then you need to switch to landscape to use the keyboard. Unless you want to use the slower onscreen keyboard. It's just another option.
Fair enough, I wasn't trying to start any arguments, just trying to figures out what kind of circumstances one would want to watch video in portrait mode.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Don't care much about the portrait mode... Just want the MMS to be enabled... that's all.
YES! My thoughts exactly...

But I think its great that Nokia is moving on peoples wants and wishes...
even if it means that others will have to wait for the "beast"

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
So.. use the stand and then you have the beauty of widescreen + two hands free!

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Looks like Portrait mode was the cause of the delay maybe.

Latest released firmware has a bug in the OHM Daemon.

Problem with screen rotation in released firmware.

Rotation on old firmware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnlvMOy-HOs

Rotation on new firmware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am4OP...eature=related

Mike C

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post: