I just ran across this little gem. It it a nice compilation of info on the T-mobile data plans.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_Data

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
i have unlimited internet for dumbphones for 9.99 works like a charm no problems no caps i am over 128mb now and still works

Amorek13, do you get 3g or just EDGE?

I just called and the rep say it doesn't offer data only plan without contract?? Have to go with EVEN MORE PLUS for $60.00 with 500min, unlimited txt + web?? That's suck!! Anyone able to get ONLY DATA without contract?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Ugh... AT&T let's you do data without contract. But of course, you'll be limited to Edge.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I just called and the rep say it doesn't offer data only plan without contract?? Have to go with EVEN MORE PLUS for $60.00 with 500min, unlimited txt + web?? That's suck!! Anyone able to get ONLY DATA without contract?
Even more plus isn't a contract plan. Even more has a contract, because the subsidize the phone.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2354721,00.asp

Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Even more plus isn't a contract plan. Even more has a contract, because the subsidize the phone.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2354721,00.asp
I know it isnt' a contract. But i don't want voice plan....it's just add to the cost. Has anyone been able to get Data ONLY plan without contract from Tmobile??

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York
Originally Posted by flux41 View Post
I picked up the Even More plus (500min, unlimited talk + web) last month. The rep had to call in and add support for my smartphone manually to make internet2.voicestream.com to work. My online T-Mobile account says that the smartphone data cost extra, but it is zeroed out on my paper bill (which is what the rep told me would happen).
I also have the same Even More Plus plan, and had the exact same experience. The rep had to call it in and have it zeroed out on my bill as well

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
Amorek13, do you get 3g or just EDGE?
you will get 3g with tmobile where available, my phone pretty much shows 3g and 3.5g
very rely i get 2.5 which i think is edge.

i am in ct and speed i get are 700 to 800

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I know it isnt' a contract. But i don't want voice plan....it's just add to the cost. Has anyone been able to get Data ONLY plan without contract from Tmobile??
I got my plan before the Even More plans were officially debuted but I got Total Internet for $40 a month which is 10 gb of internet per month before they throttle the speed which with voip i haven't hit. Its targetted towards winmo and "other". Most reps in the store did not know it existed and I had to come back with a print out of the description and they had to figure out how to open it for me.

They offered me no contract/pay at beginning of month, month to month / pay at end (so technically a contract), and 2 year contract which is really targetted to tose who want their phone subsidized.