Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
1.2009.42-11 is the actual version, everything after that is the locale part and differs from region to region.

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
You must be a midlevel manager in software development or another clue- and respectless enduser.
I note that you have not said my assessment is untrue.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
New firmware is going to be a disappointment for a lot of people. It will fix some behind the scenes items and add a very small amount of functionality. I wouldn't pin any hopes on it 'iPhon-ating' the N900.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
I wouldn't pin any hopes on it 'iPhon-ating' the N900.
Good Greif! why on earth would anyone want it to? If they did, surely they'd just buy an iphone.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
New firmware is going to be a disappointment for a lot of people. It will fix some behind the scenes items and add a very small amount of functionality. I wouldn't pin any hopes on it 'iPhon-ating' the N900.
Hehe; behind the scenes items == all 3 (uk,sweden...) customers will be able to use their phone

Does the files and personal data are removed after firmware updates on Maemo 5?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ dublin
Very small functionality as in.. being able to actually make a phonecall or send an SMS.

Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Settings -> about ( scroll down)... Version tells you the firmware version you have. The current version is 1.2009.42-11.002
lol. it says this for me..
"Version: (null)"
whats up with that

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
i'm going to reflash my n900, and i will report on the battery life. and any solved issues. right now;
i have only one desktop active, nothing on that desktop i.e no widgets, no shortcuts, no bookmarks... gps off, wifi disabled with xterminal, email checks every 1 hour, no im clients running. connected to t-mobile 3g when necessary. i get about 7 hours of light usage

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
well, i reflashed it, no improvement at all!

Tags
fictional update, limpware