Active Topics

^ but the image is still impressing for a phone imho

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
To people that are satisfied with the picture quality of the N900 because they compare it to point and shoot: there are hundreds of p&s cameras out there that are sleeker and smaller than the N900. Sony has great camera phones btw even though they are not close to dedicated p&s.

Maybe they should stop turning phones into cameras and start adding phone functionality to the sleek cameras (ie best of both words)

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
...some random stuff that would easily fit in an existing thread...
Dude seriously, do you really need to start a thread every day about some random topic even though there's loads of threads on every possible topic already?

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2009-12-24 at 23:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
lol dude wouldn't that be consider the same thing? Either way in the end it's gonna be called a cameraphone

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
Dude seriously, do you really need to start a thread every day about some random topic even though there's loads of threads on every possible topic already?
the guy started nearly 50 threads in 13 days ... lol

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
Sorry I wasn't aware of the fact that everyone is logged in at all times and is aware of all the threads posted prior. Also, probably the 1MB of text that I posted so far must cost about a cent to host.

You are free to put me on your ignore list. There are several posts out there that explain how to do this.

I have to agree with OrangeBox, the camera quality is very disappointing. I figured that getting a decent camera on a mobile phone was a solved problem. Apparently not.

And I'm not comparing the N900 to a regular camera. Such a comparison would never be fair as a phone does not have the space for the same kind of optics. My base of reference is my previous phone, a Nokia N73. That phone produced pictures comparable to a low-end compact camera. The N900 reminds me more of the earliest cameraphones.

There are two basic issues with the N900: (a) the ridiculous amount of noise produced by the sensor, and (b) the inabilty to get a decent focus. Since the camera achieves focus by analysing the image, (b) might be caused by (a).

So the camera function gets two thumbs down from me. The phone is still fantastic with its other features, but a cameraphone it ain't.

I suspect that this is the result of trying to achieve a higher megapixel number, quality be damned! There is simply to little light for the individual cells of the sensor to overpower the background noise.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ossman For This Useful Post:
Sorry I wasn't aware of the fact that everyone is logged in at all times and is aware of all the threads posted prior. Also, probably the 1MB of text that I posted so far must cost about a cent to host.

You are free to put me on your ignore list. There are several posts out there that explain how to do this.
I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now and generally have noticed "orange box" tends to just bring up negatives. If the phone is really that bad and not up to your standard then by all means get the fruit phone or something else. But constantly *****ing and *****ing and *****ing is starting to get old now.

I am definitely putting him on my ignore list.

It is precisely that your redundant threads push truly new information off the "Active Topics" list that ruin that list for people that do not stay glued to this site.

Ignoring you does not keep those topics visible long enough to know that they were ever there. You are ruining this site for me.

I am starting to think Orange box is just an apple fanboi on a mission here. Make the n900 look like crap.

Tags
n900 sux as x-mas camera