Active Topics

bump still haven't resolved the issue

still no one cares

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
is there an equivalent to the KLite Mega Codec Pak for the N900?

same problem! hope they will release soon to fixed this glitch..

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
has anyone tried the sib player (mplayer gui). i use that for any files that the media does not play.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/sib/

Last edited by neotalk; 2010-08-18 at 09:50.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
People, after reading this topic and user answers like "I have same problem" i´m bedazzled.

EXCUSE ME but please define what problem you have?

Unable to play media that has been recorded with N900
Unable to play xyz file from the internets?
Also care to tell if you have installed some extra codecs and are you using official media player.

These are the bare minimum requirements for information. Right now we have just noise. Please help yourself before you possibly can get help from others. Or even dream about that there is bug. For bug raport we need sht load of more information.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I need more codecs for the default media player, it's not playing some videos i got from the internet

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Birmingham, UK
I have a new n900 and recently installed movies by converting them to mp4 format and was able to play Avatar, AVP etc. from the (official) media player. But when I transferred any movie (or the movies on the internal memory) to the 32GB micro sdhc card I get ‘unable to play media. Media format not supported’. I tried using different memory cards with different size but still get the same message. I tried formatting on the computer as well as the n900 but still don’t help. I tried rebooting the n900 and this time a blank screen plays and you can see the counter moving and without the sound. In the blank screen you cannot forward, reverse or pause etc. I’ve also tried using SIB I downloaded from meomo but get same result. I’ve also tried directly (after converting) installing in the memory card while the n900 is connected to the computer but this didn’t help either. I haven’t installed any codec’s and if I should I would be grateful from where should I install and what. So I’m at a loss now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please try to elaborate as possible as I’m very weak on technical stuff. Thanks in advance.

If it wasn't sandisk, and if i didn't cost $200, you've got a fake 32gig microsdhc card.

That's my hunch anyway.

If you copy the files from your microsdhc card back to your computer, do they play on your computer?

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Birmingham, UK
No, it doesn't work. Infact, I have other memory cards and none of them work. Once I tried installing on the memory card using Kingston adapter directly from the computer. When I disconnected it and put it back in the usb port to play it, the same file wouldn't play on the computer. Thank you very much for replying and apologise didn't answer sooner.