Active Topics

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_activat e string:'PatternIncomingCall'

While it's vibrating move it a bit, I found mine got stuck when it was held in portrait mode, so try moving it a bit till you find where it gets stuck and try shaking it, fixed mine that way
When you're done testing/fixing:

dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_deactiv ate string:'PatternIncomingCall'
this script is broken, spaces have been inserted inside it as part of the forum layout rules.
to run correctly (and vibrate properly) the scripts as follows need to be run:

activate:
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request  com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_activate string:'PatternIncomingCall'
deactivate:
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request  com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_deactivate string:'PatternIncomingCall'

Last edited by lcuk; 2010-03-03 at 03:31. Reason: fixed for gnasgame3 below.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
sir pls check the deactivate code. as i can activate but not deactivate

The Following User Says Thank You to gnasgame3 For This Useful Post:
i was so careless i did not delete the "quote "
it work fine.
dont even know how to reply your private message
pls forgive a 60 years old man
thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to gnasgame3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
i can imagine the neighbours curtains were twitching at a 60 years old man with a constant vibrating hummm coming from inside his house

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by llamastyle View Post
Don't know what I did. But it seems to be working again...
well if u remember what u did, please post here cause i still can't get it working..

Originally Posted by olympus View Post
well if u remember what u did, please post here cause i still can't get it working..
Well, before reflashing or sending it off I decided to try everything again. I reset to factory defaults(for the 3rd time) and I took out the battery, sim card, and memory card again. I also went through and cleaned out some apps that I don't use much. I don't think I even tested it right away because I was upset it had been messed up for a week or longer and I really thought it was the hardware(still might be). But later that day I noticed that the vibrate was working when I received calls, and I ran some tests and it worked fine, and It has been working without error ever since.

Edit: I'm not sure, but it kind of made me think that it was a bad connection with the battery. I really don't know though.

Last edited by llamastyle; 2010-03-03 at 18:14.

No vibs here either. Battery fiddling didn't bring it back. Do you guys also get this annoying high pitched beep instead of the vibration?

Gently shaking/rotating the device breaks the beeping, but that's all, still no vibs. I'm not ready for changing to default settings yet.

dont know if this has been mentioned but its actually not called the vibrator. its called the vibra. your vibra doesnt work. im not jokingl it broke on my brothers n 80

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
vibra, vibrator - who cares as long as we know what we're talking about anyway..

doballve yes, i have the same problem with high pitched beeping but when i shake it, it sometimes starts to vibrate for a short while or it just breaks the beeping.

I had exactly the same problem (vibra didnt work and high pitch noise was coming from inside) was worried vibrator died.

Since it's a led class device, I decided to hammer it a bit to check it that will solve it (I've tried dbus-activation before without luck - even when leaving it for 2h).

Since Nokia background process controls it, I had to use a simple loop:
Code:
while true; do echo 255 > /sys/class/leds/twl4030\:vibrator/brightness; sleep 1; done
ctrl+c to stop it

after 5 seconds it worked again!

Then we can turn it off.
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/twl4030\:vibrator/brightness
Hope that helps.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dagger For This Useful Post: