Active Topics

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ germany
But due to speed limits, the poor car will never use 4th gear..
In these countries where speed is limited, it's too much temptation.
Glad I am in Germany

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I am surrounded by Fast Car Geeks in my family, but I prefer a car with character rather than one that looks fast or would be able to go fast if I rented some time on a closed track somewhere.

I own a 1990 Miata and to me that's the true sports car experience. Put the top down and go cruising...

As for Citroën, I have no idea how reliable they are or how much it would cost for maintenance, but those cars have some serious character. Absolutely beautiful styling, especially the 2CV and the DS.

Gives me a chance to bump this thread :-)

Fast Cars on your N900
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45252

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
yeah....check out its economy!It`s amazing!

Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Smoke in it!!!??? I would be hard pressed to fart in that car lol
That goes without saying. Car leather smell is meant to be preserved. My dad had a '72 2800 CS with blue leather. I can't describe it, but I can remember it as I write this. There hasn't been a better interior car smell since. Maybe it's like wine. Even if I was Hindu, I'd rationalize having car leather by treating it well.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I own a 1990 Miata and to me that's the true sports car experience. Put the top down and go cruising...
I'm a Miata guy. I've shopped for the right one a few times, but never pulled the trigger. Haven't really thought about it much lately, but there might not be a better bang for the buck. My tennis partner has the beautiful grey/silver turbo charged one from Mazdaspeed. It's fun!

I have fond memories of my dad occasionally letting me borrow the Spider Veloce. Cruisin' up PCH with the top down towards Malibu on a warm summer night with a hot date in the passenger seat. Tough to beat.

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
So what is it about sports cars that you guys like so much?
They positively engage all of your senses, and they align themselves well with a portion of my core sense of self. If I were to try and label the portion I'm referring to in order to better answer your question, all I can come up with is:

Freedom Loving Heterosexual Male

This is a gross generalization, I know, but I think the percentage of sports car people inside the above group is significantly higher than in other groups, and I didn't want to be too vague.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Nothing wrong with going with the Nissan R35...
i agree, but if i have to choose between these 2, i pick the r34