Active Topics

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
unfortunatley i'm back at work wednesday.. so will try most heartly for tues.. Partner thinks i am mad.. to quote.. 'so you want to meet up with some other people cos they have the same PHONE as you?' i did point out there was the possibility of cake which did lead to more understanding but still some headshaking!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
The Seven Stars would be nearest for me (Currently trying to work out where you leave the A30) - I might even get there while they're still serving lunch, depending on how early I can get away.

But any of the suggestions is reachable. I worked another two and a half hours today, so they owe me some time off.

And Zail, we'll definitely run to cake (if they do it) if you get there. I remember the first tech meet-up I went to: my sister was going ape at the thought that I was going to meet up with a bunch of blokes I'd never actually met in a pub somewhere! Tell your wife it's quite the done thing!

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
ok.. the cake .. err I mean tech meetup is looking more likely for me will know for sure tommorrow! What time are teh two of you aiming to arrive and is the Seven Stars the preferred venue?

If it's the seven stars on alphington road, exeter you're thinkin of...I wouldn't recommend it. wifi is suspect and there's virtually no mobile reception let alone 3.5g on any network I've tested...it's kinda in a black hole! if venturing into exeter there's 4 wetherspoons to choose from. also most of exeter has 3Mbit voda reception, so throw in some Joiku magic and...

I'm pretty sure the Seven Stars at South Tawton is a different one. It has a completely different website. Thanks for the warning, though.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hmmmmm there really is no 3g there! :| - http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...pageID=OS_0200

really it looks like exeter or tiverton?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

How about the Poachers Inn, Ide, just this side of Exeter?

"Our location is also ideal for those informal business lunches and meetings when customers can take advantage of our free WiFi internet access to catch up on what’s going on back at the office. "

Haven't checked voda, but Orange 3g is 'good'.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
sounds good to me!
are we saying 2pm onwards?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

sounds good to me too as long as I can get away - I guess I'm about 50/50 at this point... looks like it's between an hour and a half and 2 hours drive for me (depending on the state of the glorious M5 south and how lost I get!) so if you're aiming to get there about 2ish I'll hopefully be not long behind.. I'll post on here to let you know as soon as I do...

Ide shouldn't be a problem for anyone, it's pretty well signed and a stones throw from the A30. It's only 10 minutes from me as well but I fear I'll be sound asleep my beloved graveyard shift...

Good luck all

Tags
coast, england, meetup, south