Active Topics

Originally Posted by libaax View Post
Could one of you guys post pics of the n900 with the otterbox?
Here you go,

It;s pretty good, although it could use some keychain holes, y'know just like in Kingston flash drives..

Also my other complaint is that the lower left side of the upper cover is a bit loose, and i have to tighten it everytime it gets loose

Anyone else got this problem?
Or did it get expanded because i pulled it?
I removed it and put it back couple of times before...

Last edited by deny_winarto; 2010-05-12 at 11:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deny_winarto For This Useful Post:
Both of the covers on my Otterbox fit nice and snug. Only complaints that I have is that it it defintely increases the thickness quite a bit. And the top row of keys are a little tight in space now with the top shield.

I feel a lot better just throwing the phone in and out of my bag or in my pockets now but it will take a little getting used to the thickness. I like being able to just set the phone down anywhere without having to baby it.

I ordered mine online from amazon.com for 19.95 plus 6 for shipping.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ottawa, Canada
Yes, the lower left corner on mine is loose too. It's not you, pretty sure it's just a minor design flaw or limitation. I've never actually had it pop off, so not a huge deal.

Hmm I don't think I have a problem with the lower left corner on mine. If you're thinking about purchasing the Otterbox for your N900 - do it! It feels so much sturdier! I love how much protection it adds to the phone. The buttons are all accessible, the stand is still usable, and it doesn't get in the way at all IMO. No complaints here! I've only used one other case...well, it wasn't really a case - more like a leather holder. It sucked! Anyway, here are my pics of the phone + otterbox...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MaemoMe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by isolationism View Post
Yes, the lower left corner on mine is loose too. It's not you, pretty sure it's just a minor design flaw or limitation. I've never actually had it pop off, so not a huge deal.
Hmm yea it's probably a design flaw, it thought i got a defect product..

I finally found a way to attach keychain to the hardcase,
You can actually slipped the keychain rope between the hole for speaker and hole for unlock button, just like in the pic below

Heh, neat little trick, it's easier to carry it around now with keychain

yea, this is the best case around imo.

Got mine yesterday and love it so far.
Only complaint about the case itself - poor access to lock slider, stylus and rear stand. But then, that's also due to my nail-biting habit.
The screen protector that came with the case is another story altogether. It came with 4-step instructions for applying the film to the screen, but those instructions are useless pictograms. I tried briefly to apply the film, but soon realized that I had incorrectly assumed that the thinner film was the actual protector. In fact, the more rigid, thick plastic that I had thought was the backing for the film was the actual film, and by the time I realized this, it was covered in dust and rendered utterly useless (ONE SIDE IS STICKY).
I scoured the Otterbox website for info on having a replacement protector sent, but found nothing. Looks like I'll be seeking a different screen protector elsewhere.

It certainly will not be a Zagg shield. I put one of those on my girlfriend's HTC and it was a nightmare. After more than an hour and at least 20 unsuccessful attempts to install it without dust or hair particles under the film, I surrendered, leaving several specks of dust and a couple of tiny bits of fuzz under the protector. A month later, the shield now has bubbles throughout, is too sticky to effectively use the touchscreen, has an awful glare and distorts the screen terribly.

Originally Posted by olrac View Post
Got mine yesterday and love it so far.
Only complaint about the case itself - poor access to lock slider, stylus and rear stand. But then, that's also due to my nail-biting habit.
The screen protector that came with the case is another story altogether. It came with 4-step instructions for applying the film to the screen, but those instructions are useless pictograms. I tried briefly to apply the film, but soon realized that I had incorrectly assumed that the thinner film was the actual protector. In fact, the more rigid, thick plastic that I had thought was the backing for the film was the actual film, and by the time I realized this, it was covered in dust and rendered utterly useless (ONE SIDE IS STICKY).
I scoured the Otterbox website for info on having a replacement protector sent, but found nothing. Looks like I'll be seeking a different screen protector elsewhere.

It certainly will not be a Zagg shield. I put one of those on my girlfriend's HTC and it was a nightmare. After more than an hour and at least 20 unsuccessful attempts to install it without dust or hair particles under the film, I surrendered, leaving several specks of dust and a couple of tiny bits of fuzz under the protector. A month later, the shield now has bubbles throughout, is too sticky to effectively use the touchscreen, has an awful glare and distorts the screen terribly.
You can still fix it,
My film was covered in dust as well,
you can clean it using duct tape, try it.
Don't worry It won't remove the glue so you'll still be able to stick it.

The reason why the film won't stick it's because there's a dust or dirt on it, no matter how small it is, so you have to make sure it's really clean before you apply it.

good luck

Anybody by it in the States? On Amazon it says it ships in 1-2 months

had mine for a week, great case, n900 now feels pretty bomb-proof.