Active Topics

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
aw there sure are some sensitive souls on the interwebs! i mean really is your day that empty that you want to have some poor soul extridicted and convicted for improper use of a screen name? actually i doubt the law extends as far as screen names, and i would just love to see the metropolitan police do a dawn raid on robot wars to grab sir killalot!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
can we generate a brainstorm for this?
I suggest an iPhone-quality "Sir-ify" app. It takes your name (textbox) and a url to a picture of yourself. It will output that picture of you with a crown, sword, and your name printed at bottom with "Sir " prepended. Perhaps we can leverage ImageMagik? Thoughts?

Man, if only I lived in Hong Kong I wouldn't have to wait for PR1.2/Qt4.6. We could write it in Qt much easier.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
with full respect to the british empire... Thats just about the funniest thing i've read on this forum.
aaaaaaaaaaamen!!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
This thread has potential
Indeed. It's made me realize we need a special Brainstorm category for humor.

l33t translation:

Hellz yes! Brainstorm 4 LULZ!!! 111!!11!!!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
This IS a serious complaint and i certainly hope the Administration of Meamo.org will look into this matter.
In the past, it has proved difficult, if not impossible, to change the username of a user on this site. Therefore, in addition to considering the legal ramifications of this issue, our movement on this matter is constrained by technology. It may take some time for us to fully investigate a solution to this problem, and we appreciate your patience and understanding in the interim.

In the meantime, I suggest for consideration your use of the "Report A Forum Bug" link at right to request and enhancement to the forum software. A ticket should be opened on the issue of blocking use of the strings "sir" and "dame" at the start of new usernames to prevent the expansion of this problem.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
can we generate a brainstorm for this?
I always thought this boring community needs a shakeup now and then

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
So just to be clear..... Signing up for an account on T.M.O. is sending a DeedPoll request to the UK?!?!

Now that's what I call Single-signon....
Stop! STOP! You're going to make me puke coffee!!!

EDIT: that goes for you too, gadsby!

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
In the past, it has proved difficult, if not impossible, to change the username of a user on this site. Therefore, in addition to considering the legal ramifications of this issue, our movement on this matter is constrained by technology. It may take some time for us to fully investigate a solution to this problem, and we appreciate your patience and understanding in the interim.

In the meantime, I suggest for consideration your use of the "Report A Forum Bug" link at right to request and enhancement to the forum software. A ticket should be opened on the issue of blocking use of the strings "sir" and "dame" at the start of new usernames to prevent the expansion of this problem.
so _sir_boxen is acceptable?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Is this thread going to rival the PR 1.2's
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Is this thread going to rival the PR 1.2's
I certainly hope so

Tags
british empire, british law, complaint, dame, forgotten pills, humor, knight, law, o.b.e., objection, sir, usernames, wtf