Notices

Originally Posted by ashazli View Post
A really cool app great work

there are two features that would really be great if you could add.

1- polyphonic playing
2- Double deck keyboard - to add more keys in one screen

I had a problem while playing with the drums, it was going out of beat
Next version will be fully polyphonic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
So here's something funny. The application is called Maesynth and it displays that in the "more" list and also on top of the screen when the application is starting up.

Do this though. Start the application and then enter the task manager. Here, the name of the application is actually Maelophone.

I haven't had time to test it yet but will report back when I do. I'm actually excited for a nice synthesizer application for the N900.

Originally Posted by Vishwacorp View Post
So here's something funny. The application is called Maesynth and it displays that in the "more" list and also on top of the screen when the application is starting up.

Do this though. Start the application and then enter the task manager. Here, the name of the application is actually Maelophone.

I haven't had time to test it yet but will report back when I do. I'm actually excited for a nice synthesizer application for the N900.
oops little bug in the UI file, will fix for next release, due out in the next week, once current version is out to extras.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
It would be nice and probably relatively easy to make this pressure sensitive so it would mimic a real piano/keyboard.

Originally Posted by theflew View Post
It would be nice and probably relatively easy to make this pressure sensitive so it would mimic a real piano/keyboard.
The pressure sensitive api is borke in PR1.1, might be fixed in PR 1.2, but will add to the features request. :-)

Great to see this app in Extras! I did test it and something came in my mind. It would be nice to have ability to move/slide the onscreen-piano-keyboard left and right with arrow keys to choose the best area where to play at current moment. So then we could play on higher and lower register also.

Hope to see more sounds or some synthmoduling. One great feature would be some loop recorder. It would be awesome to play first bass line and let it loop and then add some more loops. All playing together.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ju-maha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ju-maha View Post
Great to see this app in Extras! I did test it and something came in my mind. It would be nice to have ability to move/slide the onscreen-piano-keyboard left and right with arrow keys to choose the best area where to play at current moment. So then we could play on higher and lower register also.

Hope to see more sounds or some synthmoduling. One great feature would be some loop recorder. It would be awesome to play first bass line and let it loop and then add some more loops. All playing together.

I ,m currently thinking about a two octave keyboard for the third release. I,m focusiing on a drum sequencer for the next release with a few additional sounds, for this weekend into extras dev.

I like the idea of a basic loop recorder also, maybe activated by the space bar, upto 16 notes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
seems to be slightly out using the N900 pen around keys. G#, A, B flat.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
i cant install missing "libqt......" do i need to have 1.2?

it works now thx for the help

Last edited by infected69; 2010-05-21 at 11:45.

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
seems to be slightly out using the N900 pen around keys. G#, A, B flat.
ok cheers, known problem in the way the keys are approximated, which assumes a fixed key width across the keyboard. As the sharp keys differ, it was a trade off against performance to add another set of check loops to verify which key was pressed. I decided to go for slightly less accuracy due to finger use case vs responsiveness.

I plan to overhaul the keyboard algorithms in the third release when I move to a two octave keyboard, maybe using the accelerometer to tilt keyboard left and right etc.