Active Topics

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
I don't mean to offend..but you are an idiot.
Don't worry about offense. abil wants freedom of speech.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by volt View Post
So you don't think he's onto the Biggest Conspiracy Yet?

Look, I capitalized the letters BCY. Or SBCY. Or SBCYLIBCYOSBCY.
That has got to mean something... Nokia is behind it, surely.
Well now that I think of it you may be right. This is what caused all those delays with PR 1.2 and whatnot. Instead of coding, Nokia spent all their time moderating these forums to stop anyone from saying anything against them. This explains EVERYTHING. I feel so enlightened.

And the idiots don't delete the threads. They just close them and leave the comments to be seen. Not a very good job to stop people bad mouthing them if you ask me.

Should we do something about this conspiracy? Aliens pale with this...

**EDIT** Gotta love the tags xD

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-06-02 at 14:06.

I was reluctant at first but this thread just made me implement what a lot have been asking for.

Effective today, off-topic threads will no longer appear in the Active Topics block at the right sidebar.

You can still start new off-topic threads in this forum, discuss off-topic items, subscribe to it's RSS feed, as well as subscribe to receive emails on the Off-topic forum, but the Active Topics block at the right will now only show Maemo related discussions.

Thanks.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Ignore function really should ignore threads created by people on ignore list.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Effective today, off-topic threads will no longer appear in the Active Topics block at the right sidebar.
A big thank you.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Did I miss something?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Did I miss something?
I'm an evil, power-mad moderator, but you already knew that.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Great move, thanks!

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Abill, this forum is neither about you nor about nokia only.
The purpose of maemo.org is to provide an env. for the community using and developing with/for Maemo devices. So what is the matter?

In my opinion all threads complaining about nokia should go to nokia forums.
(I have nothing against a proper discussion about nokia, but pointing fingers at a community forum doesn't help anyone! It just disturbes.)
We try to keep the noise low and people seem to like to keep the noise up.
I know people are frustrated, been there done that! I keep spamming nokia and the bugtracker with every single broken piece I find.

Wasting time on moderating threads missing any excellence keeps me from writing bugreports, test software or fix my device. BTW which thread(s) are we talking about?

For the records I have never heard anything from nokia telling me how to moderate, afai[k,b] we are all behaving in use of "common sense".

Was this thread started in "Off Topic"? Looks like your inner self believes this topic has nothing to do with things we are here about! Indeed inter... *wait for it*

popcorn is a good idea!

Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
Worst thread ever.
Do you know we have a rating system for that? I dont know which of the threads you state "WTE" is now the worst?!

Thanks Reggie!

Last edited by chemist; 2010-06-02 at 14:32.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
popcorn is a good idea!
I could tell right away, this was the perfect popcorn thread!

Tags
best thread yet, whine + cheese?