Active Topics

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
did u chmod it to make it executable?i myself didn't manually do "sh insneomod.sh" but rather tapping on the "Green light" and "stop hand" icons to enable/disable it..try to follow my guide again..it works for me..just installed it on my cousins N900..didn't get any problems though

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
I understand their reasoning for saying that, and that's not the cause for my doubts.
The MD5 sums don't match up (why considering someone uploaded, presumably, exactly what neo sent them, right?).
well, the reason i put up this tutorial is because the instructions given by the neopwn team is too confusing to me...if u have the image from neopwn team, then it's good..but if u downloaded the image somewhere else, i can't guarantee anything..

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
did u chmod it to make it executable?i myself didn't manually do "sh insneomod.sh" but rather tapping on the "Green light" and "stop hand" icons to enable/disable it..try to follow my guide again..it works for me..just installed it on my cousins N900..didn't get any problems though
I did chmod, but I had to cd because gainroot didnt stick me in the DIR. I'm only doing it from command for testing purposes because running it from the icons didnt work for me.

I've just tested again and nothing happens when I click the icons either. Terminal pops up, stays, then goes. Modules loaded are the same.

Really upset, I'm just one step away - every thing else, grimwepa etc. is working perfectly!

Hope you can help me solve this, you've done a brill job thus far!

K

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
well, the reason i put up this tutorial is because the instructions given by the neopwn team is too confusing to me...if u have the image from neopwn team, then it's good..but if u downloaded the image somewhere else, i can't guarantee anything..
True, I appreciate your instructions, I could really have done with them last month

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
I did chmod, but I had to cd because gainroot didnt stick me in the DIR. I'm only doing it from command for testing purposes because running it from the icons didnt work for me.

I've just tested again and nothing happens when I click the icons either. Terminal pops up, stays, then goes. Modules loaded are the same.

Really upset, I'm just one step away - every thing else, grimwepa etc. is working perfectly!

Hope you can help me solve this, you've done a brill job thus far!

K
it happens to me as well about the terminal popping up, stays then goes..but modules are loaded/unloaded correctly..

assuming u have done the chmod for neopwn,neopwn.sh, insneomod.sh and rmneomod.sh, tap the "green light" icon, then in xterm "lsmod |grep wl12"..and compare it with "stop hand" icon..the modules when packet injection enabled should display more than when packet injection is disabled..try again

I have chmodded all those files, and double chmodded them. I've done the whole tap-check thing too, and this is what I get every time:

Nokia-N900:/home/user# lsmod |grep wl12
wl12xx 77568 0
mac80211 152220 1 wl12xx
crc7 1216 1 wl12xx
cfg80211 27280 2 wl12xx,mac80211
Nokia-N900:/home/user#

Surely when I click the green/red the wifi should also reset or something? It doesnt

edit: i just ran 'chmod +x /home/user/insneomod.sh; chmod +x /home/user/rmneomod.sh; chmod +x /home/user/MyDocs/neo/neopwn; chmod +x /home/user/MyDocs/neo/neopwn.sh' to be sure that all are chmodded, same issue happening...

Last edited by Kieron; 2010-11-08 at 19:13.

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
I have chmodded all those files, and double chmodded them. I've done the whole tap-check thing too, and this is what I get every time:

Nokia-N900:/home/user# lsmod |grep wl12
wl12xx 77568 0
mac80211 152220 1 wl12xx
crc7 1216 1 wl12xx
cfg80211 27280 2 wl12xx,mac80211
Nokia-N900:/home/user#

Surely when I click the green/red the wifi should also reset or something? It doesnt

ahh..try disconnect your N900 from wifi..the modules will not be loaded if u are on wifi connection i think..because i never had this problem

The Following User Says Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
ahh..try disconnect your N900 from wifi..the modules will not be loaded if u are on wifi connection i think..because i never had this problem
Same problem whilst disconnect from wifi. I tried the icon, and I tried just now in terminal. I got the same errors, about doesnt exist and no such file and unknown symbol.

I will try to reboot and then try again. If that doesn't work, I'm going to kill myself.

I can run 'rmmod wl12xx' manually, as root, and it works fine. Why won't it run in the script! Argh! Is it because the script isn't running as root or something?