Active Topics

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Moscow is a big city you know, see you at the maemos.ru нам год
How do I remove u-boot? flasher does not see the n900, at startup to boot u-boot wrote starting kernel and all, it is advisable to flash the kernel to the standard

The n900 will only go into update mode if the battery is sufficiently full. IT worked for me by charging it for a bit then, making sure it was off, holding the u key while plugging in the pc connector

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Moscow is a big city you know, see you at the maemos.ru нам год
battery is full all the way, but the flasher wrote expectation and from the wire n900 turn and run u-boot on the new

USB device found found at bus 001, device address 009.
Error claiming USB interface: Operation not permitted

Last edited by vertyogo; 2010-11-11 at 12:12.

USB device found found at bus 001, device address 009.
Error claiming USB interface: Operation not permitted

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Guys, you do know that it's not for fun that on http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/Dual_Boot we write exactly this:

WARNING: This guide is experimental and everything you do with this guide is at your own responsibility and risk

WARNING: DO NOT RELY ON WALL CHARGER, ONLY USB CHARGING FOR 1.1 IMAGES, see meego bug #2260

This is a simplified guide for dual-booting with u-boot on Nokia N900.

You must be using the PR1.3 kernel and nothing else. You will likely end up in a reboot loop if you don't have this otherwise. To check this, in Maemo X-Terminal, type "uname -a" and make sure you see:

Linux Nokia-N900 2.6.28-omap1 #1 PREEMPT Fri Aug 6 11:50:00 EEST 2010 armv7l unknown

and "dpkg -l | grep kernel-modules" should show 2.6.28-20103103+0m5.

If there's guides that doesn't have this warning, blame those people.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Guys, you do know that it's not for fun that on http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/Dual_Boot we write exactly this:

WARNING: This guide is experimental and everything you do with this guide is at your own responsibility and risk

WARNING: DO NOT RELY ON WALL CHARGER, ONLY USB CHARGING FOR 1.1 IMAGES, see meego bug #2260

This is a simplified guide for dual-booting with u-boot on Nokia N900.

You must be using the PR1.3 kernel and nothing else. You will likely end up in a reboot loop if you don't have this otherwise. To check this, in Maemo X-Terminal, type "uname -a" and make sure you see:

Linux Nokia-N900 2.6.28-omap1 #1 PREEMPT Fri Aug 6 11:50:00 EEST 2010 armv7l unknown

and "dpkg -l | grep kernel-modules" should show 2.6.28-20103103+0m5.

If there's guides that doesn't have this warning, blame those people.
So to avoid problems with u-boot on the upgrade of kernel-power we have to be on stock kernel??

Did I have well understood??

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Straycat View Post
So to avoid problems with u-boot on the upgrade of kernel-power we have to be on stock kernel??

Did I have well understood??

Thanks in advance.
Generally:

* Installation of kernel-power -after- uboot-pr13 install will wipe out uboot, as expected
* Installation of kernel-power -and then- install uboot-pr13 WILL cause a reboot loop (You're installing a kernel where the modules doesn't match).

Someone can make a uboot-kernel-power if they want. We're doing the uboot-pr13, matching the officially released PR1.3 kernel.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
so how to fix it?

Here's a guide for people who got "starting kernel" heng with power44.

http://my.svgalib.org/770/n900/u-boot/u-boot-n900.zip

1 - Expand attached archived on SD (must be on third Fat partition)
2 - Start N900 and enter on u-boot interactive console (by booting with open keyboard and pressing any key).
3 - Type mmc init and press enter
4 - Type run loadbootscript and press enter
5 - Type run bootscript and press enter

This should run maemo with stock PR1.3 kernel (included in the zip file).

After booting I suggest downgrading to power43 kernel with the command (as root):

apt-get install kernel-power=2.6.28-maemo43 kernel-power-modules=2.6.28-maemo43 kernel-power-flasher=2.6.28-maemo43

And I request that people will tell me about having this problem, including the HW revision of their device.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post: