Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Ja! Tried it, works well.

Maps were giving me a problem, but I suspect it's on my end, and no big deal anyway.

This is pretty sweet. Maybe a couple guys at Nokia got their heads out of their asses?

Perhaps this bit of work is being done under the radar of Elop?

Which is why PR1.3 may be taking a bit longer to come out, and things like this just kinda happen.

Maybe they are actually trying to push the N9 to enterprise afterall?

Screw it, glad it works. Might actually use it once in a while.

*facepalm............of course No Mac support.

Honestly anyone who's ever used Windows even up to V7 and tries a Mac for a whole day would, in my opinion, start thinking about switching. I myself was a loyal Windows user for like 12 years and was always against Mac.....until I actually tried it and I was sold!

------->Off topic rant<---------

I'm running Snow Leopard on a 2yr old MacBook (it's the original white glossy model not the revised second gen white glossy) and it still outperforms a Windows 7 laptop with better specs even.

No viruses, no loud fan and burning hot laptop, quick for the simple things it should be quick at (web browsing, video streaming/playing etc) and hardly ever crashes.

I don't know why people are buying Windows anymore imo. Better to spend more on a Mac and have a computer that lasts years and with barely any slowdown than couple hundred on a Windows computer which slows down no matter that specs in less than a year.

Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post

Honestly anyone who's ever used Windows even up to V7 and tries a Mac for a whole day would, in my opinion, start thinking about switching. I myself was a loyal Windows user for like 12 years and was always against Mac.....until I actually tried it and I was sold!

I'm running Snow Leopard on a 2yr old MacBook (it's the original white glossy model not the revised second gen white glossy) and it still outperforms a Windows 7 laptop with better specs even.

No viruses, no loud fan and burning hot laptop, quick for the simple things it should be quick at (web browsing, video streaming/playing etc) and hardly ever crashes.

I don't know why people are buying Windows anymore imo. Better to spend more on a Mac and have a computer that lasts years and with barely any slowdown than couple hundred on a Windows computer which slows down no matter that specs in less than a year.
people who game, like windows and people who want compadibility, etc. people who dont want to pay $1000 more just for the apple name, etc. i could go on, its all people preference.

i could care less though, ive always actually wanted mac, just for the way they look. but now that Windos Surface was annoucned last night, i changed my mind.

no mac, ever that i know of. (before 2012) could never out perform my Asus G74. its a true beast. but, i am sacrificing portablity. all about preference, thats why i am selling it because it weighs 10 pounds.

Last edited by stratax; 2012-06-21 at 00:54.

Ya know, 5 years ago, I might have agreed. In the days of XP and early Vista. I would have jumped on the Mac Bandwagon. However, it changed... a lot! Windows 7 is pretty legit. While I have started to dislike Mac more and more. They treat their customers like cattle.

Now, I don't want to badmouth them too badly, they do have very nice hardware, and great customer support.

And while I don't think they necessarily "innovate" they certainly know how to bring it together in a nice package.

Unfortunately, nothing is compatible, everything is proprietary, and Windows continues to be Industry standard for... everything.

So I dual boot my laptop with Windows 7 and Linux. Because I like that actually have programs, and I like things I can play with. Neither of which iOS Desktop Edition can give me.

But hey, more power to ya man, I know people who use macs and love it. I also know people who make fun of them.

Windows is all about the maintenance, if you keep your computer clean, keep that registry under control and such, no worries.

And hell, don't give me that about no viruses on macs, we all know that's not true. Even if it WERE true, the more people use it, the more viruses will be released.

Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
Ya know, 5 years ago, I might have agreed. In the days of XP and early Vista. I would have jumped on the Mac Bandwagon. However, it changed... a lot! Windows 7 is pretty legit. While I have started to dislike Mac more and more. They treat their customers like cattle.

Now, I don't want to badmouth them too badly, they do have very nice hardware, and great customer support.

And while I don't think they necessarily "innovate" they certainly know how to bring it together in a nice package.

Unfortunately, nothing is compatible, everything is proprietary, and Windows continues to be Industry standard for... everything.

So I dual boot my laptop with Windows 7 and Linux. Because I like that actually have programs, and I like things I can play with. Neither of which iOS Desktop Edition can give me.

But hey, more power to ya man, I know people who use macs and love it. I also know people who make fun of them.

Windows is all about the maintenance, if you keep your computer clean, keep that registry under control and such, no worries.

And hell, don't give me that about no viruses on macs, we all know that's not true. Even if it WERE true, the more people use it, the more viruses will be released.
and microsoft listens to their customers, unlike how apple just says "go uses something else if you dont like it". look at WP8 on engadget that was posted today, everything that people hated about WP7 is pretty much in WP8.

i agree though, back when Windows 7 was released i wanted to use mac osx so bad

Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
Which viruses?

Originally Posted by N9WB View Post
Which viruses?
There was the Java and Flash threats that happened a little while ago but was resolved.

Btw, when I said no viruses, I mean I myself and definitely the majority of Mac users don't have to deal with the pains of viruses.
And when I said outperform: I meant outperform with regards to regular app load times and it's solid stability. But like you said your Asus would definitely outperform when it comes to graphic intensive tasks, but no matter how much power you got under the hood you're still running Windows.

My mom has/had Windows 7 hp laptop. About almost a year after her purchase her computer starts buggin out, files seem to be gone (hidden by virus) and constantly slow and crashing. I was not in the mood to fix it myself even though I could have so I tried taken it to best buy-they wanted $200 at least plus more for each virus and issue. I had no choice but to fix it myself........It took me a whole day to make it virus/worm/trojan/spyware free!
After that incident she got a Macbook Air and loves it and believe me she is no computer wiz-still has to call me to figure out how to copy "this or that" to iPod etc, but Mac overall has a simpler interface which greatly helps her and she couldn't be happier.

So.......about this NS Beta......

as guessed no support on mac, nokia link seriously sucks donkey balls. but no other options

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
as guessed no support on mac
You should take Nokia to the UNHRC for discriminating against "beautiful people"

There was the Java and Flash threats that happened a little while ago but was resolved.

Btw, when I said no viruses, I mean I myself and definitely the majority of Mac users don't have to deal with the pains of viruses.
And when I said outperform: I meant outperform with regards to regular app load times and it's solid stability. But like you said your Asus would definitely outperform when it comes to graphic intensive tasks, but no matter how much power you got under the hood you're still running Windows.

My mom has/had Windows 7 hp laptop. About almost a year after her purchase her computer starts buggin out, files seem to be gone (hidden by virus) and constantly slow and crashing. I was not in the mood to fix it myself even though I could have so I tried taken it to best buy-they wanted $200 at least plus more for each virus and issue. I had no choice but to fix it myself........It took me a whole day to make it virus/worm/trojan/spyware free!
After that incident she got a Macbook Air and loves it and believe me she is no computer wiz-still has to call me to figure out how to copy "this or that" to iPod etc, but Mac overall has a simpler interface which greatly helps her and she couldn't be happier.

So.......about this NS Beta......
Well, to be fair, that's more HP's fault than Windows. They used to be great, but have increasingly dropped in build quality.

Also, I don't have viruses. It's called knowing how to use a computer. My dad has viruses. He doesn't know how to use one. Also, MSE exists.

Although, true story, I put the developer build of Windows 8 in front of him, and he couldn't figure it out. It even took me a while. Even if I do like Windows7, 8 is pretty damn awful. It kinda looks like a mac...

Also, yes, viruses. Or else Apple would not have seeked the help of Kaperski. Part of the reason why they don't get them as often, is the walled garden. As in you CAN **** up a Windows computer. You're not ALLOWED to **** up a mac. Hell, half the time you can't even do what you want.

However, all that being said. I agree that Nokia should roll out Nokia Suite for mac. Especially with the increasing amount of marketshare, to ignore that market is dumb, especially if they ever want to "steal" any Iphone users.

Certainly the N9 (which in my opinion is both superior, and had it been marketed and supported properly) would be the tool... but yeah, THAT happened.

Don't take me the wrong way, I'm just a bit of a hateful person towards Apple. I am a fan of open source (yes, I'm a hypocrite, windows and all) and Apple is the antithesis to that.

But it is is a good choice for many users, it can certainly be praised (I definitely drooled over the Air refresh that made it all SSD) But I will probably roll with An Asus Ultrabook. I'm kinda waiting for a touchscreen Ultrabook with a million hours of battery life. Lolz.

Yes, I don't like Apple, but many people use it, Nokia should know this, and holding back software is not the correct thing to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post: