Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
One more update I did the following:

Code:
/usr/bin/office-tools -quickviewer /path/to/xlsx/file
The splash screen with the loading bar appeared and disappeared but the following was the error I got:

Code:
ApplicationService::ApplicationService(const QString&, const QString&, QObject*)
QApplication::removeTranslator: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
QApplication::removeTranslator: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
QApplication::installTranslator: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
QApplication::installTranslator: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
Segmentation fault
What does the seg fault in this instance mean with relation to the viewer?

Running the same with using the invoker commands as ajalkane mentioned above gave the same seg fault error with syslog having:

Code:
Oct  4 11:37:28 (2012) invoker[14525]: error: Can't send signal 11 to application [14396]: No such process

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-04 at 03:39.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
One more update I did the following:

Code:
/usr/bin/office-tools -quickviewer /path/to/xlsx/file
The splash screen with the loading bar appeared and disappeared but the following was the error I got:

Code:
ApplicationService::ApplicationService(const QString&, const QString&, QObject*)
Segmentation fault
What does the seg fault in this instance mean with relation to the viewer?

Running the same with using the invoker commands as ajalkane mentioned above gave the same seg fault error with syslog having:

Code:
Oct  4 11:37:28 (2012) invoker[14525]: error: Can't send signal 11 to application [14396]: No such process
Seg fault means the viewer crashed. You can try reinstalling the viewer, but most likely it has a bug and just can't open that document.

The signal you don't need to care about. It comes as the process crashed, so it doesn't exist anymore.

Missing testability library is not the cause of this. The library is only used somehow for debug logging.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Seg fault means the viewer crashed. You can try reinstalling the viewer, but most likely it has a bug and just can't open that document.

The signal you don't need to care about. It comes as the process crashed, so it doesn't exist anymore.

Missing testability library is not the cause of this. The library is only used somehow for debug logging.
That's exactly the problem sadly

Re-installing office-tools, which contains quickviewer, doesn't help...I'd done a re-installation of libkok. office-tools, calligrameego, calligra-kchart in the very beginning and since didn't work out I posted a thread...

Starting to think a flash maybe the only way out (however, i don't see what it fixes that re-installation doesn't)...Will first have to do a proper rootfs and userfs backup then restore selectively...A whole day over the weekend has to now be kept aside for this

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Starting to think a flash maybe the only way out (however, i don't see what it fixes that re-installation doesn't)...
Everything? Reinstalling is for most of Maemo's packages a total NOP. It will just unpack the files again, which will do nothing _unless_ they have mysteriously corrupted -- and this happens virtually never, unless you intentionally do it and then ignore Aegis' complains.

Reflashing on the other hand deletes all of the configuration, settings, and other leftover files. Even if you restore thereafter not all files necessarily come back.

Yes sir!

I just am not able to comprehend how it has messed up when everything else on my phone with the mods and tweaks work flawlessly...

Anyway do you have an idea of what other package/lib's reinstallation have a chance of fixing this up?

Thanks

One last update before I reflash tomorrow or over the weekend:

I did:

Code:
dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq office-tools
dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq calligra-kchart
dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq calligrameego
Ofcourse only after unlocking via N9QTweak Tweak QQ...

I then did a reboot and did a re-install of office-tools which installed all 3 packages and still no difference...

So it means a reflash then is the only option...

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
So it means a reflash then is the only option...
Are you sure those documents work on any N9? It's not like those office suites were not without bugs...

I have over 40 xlsx and docx files and none of them open...xls and doc work fine...

Also I haven't flashed my n9 since pr1.3 was released so all this while at least half of those files have been opened at least once and never had any such issue...

To test it out I just transferred a test.docx over and that too didn't open so surely the files are ok...

Edit: Oops read your question wrongly; yup those files open as there are 3 xlsx files that are update weekly and I read them usually without any issues...The last 2 weeks I haven't read them on my phone and when I read them this week I faced this issue...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Anyway now that farfary has created the a brilliant script called BackN9 to do a auto-backup of all packages that are installed in the device I think the pain is greatly reduced of re-flashing; the re-installation of apps has always wasted a lot of time even thought I don't use even half of them

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-04 at 17:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Anyway do you have an idea of what other package/lib's reinstallation have a chance of fixing this up?
As I said, reinstallation is a total NOP. A no-operation. In most occasions it never fixes anything

(Exceptions: downgrading packages, NAND corruption --virtually 0% probability)