Active Topics

This is slightly different but in case anyone is interested I posted this earlier today:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=18877

The Following User Says Thank You to dfinch For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I want this for my plane trips (11 hours in a seat, ack), and I can do the work, it's just finding time...

Oh heck, I need to get the OTG adapter guy to consider this too!
I asked for that back at post #21 of the OTG adapter thread:

Originally Posted by qole View Post
What I would like is an adapter that splits the proprietary headphone/mike plug into a stereo mini phono for headphones and a mono mini for mic, so I could use any computer headset on my N800.
But, considering there's a conspiracy to confuse me (that Texrat revealed), and Texrat gets all the respect, maybe Mr jolouis will do something about it for us now!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Nah, I just never saw that post.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I asked for that back at post #21 of the OTG adapter thread:

But, considering there's a conspiracy to confuse me (that Texrat revealed), and Texrat gets all the respect, maybe Mr jolouis will do something about it for us now!
Tex, he's onto the conspiracy! Quick go to plan Romeo!

Seriously though, I'm sorry about that one qole, I remember seeing a request about USB charging, but those that thread got so overwhelmed so quickly that I missed a lot of the initial posts.

Anyways, good news for all on this one, I've gone ahead and ordered some parts and as soon as they come in I should be able to tackle this one; I'll let you know as soon as I've got something tangible!

Thanks,
-Rob

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Other thread got an interesting post:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...49&postcount=6
iPhone adapters seem to work, but may need a ~1mm spacer added so they don't go in the jack too far.

If you can find an iPhone splitter (the ones listed had built-in mic) then that might be a sensible route...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It's funny you mention that, Benson, because the guy at Seidio said they could find no new markets for the splitters so decided to cancel them...

So it's official: no market for iPhone accessories.
Heh.

I noticed, too, that one of the iPhone adapters had a call button. If it works with the N8x0...

Well I'm sorry that it took so long, but I wanted to get it right and it took a while to source the correct parts; none the less, here it is:
http://www.electronicproductonline.c...oducts_id=1996

Tested and verified working properly with my N800 (I assume the headphone jack on the N810 is the same); no special spacers or silly fuddling around required. I'm also working on reduced shipping costs to the US (just waiting on confirmation from the "test subject" to say that the product has arrived in a timely manor) that will bring it down from the current rate of $9 to $5. Anyone who's also interested in consolidated purchasing might want to checkout my latest post on the USB OTG thread also.

Thanks!
-Rob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
jolouis, thanks for getting the headset/headphone speaker/microphone adapter made for the N800/N801.

I just got mine (arrived to the US from Canada in less than a week with the $9 shipping). It works great. I'm using it with the Genius HS-02N headset, which is a real bargain, with great sound in and out and extremely comfortable. (It also folds up quite small.) I just Skyped a friend, and it worked great.

(I also got "your" USB adapter, but haven't tried it yet.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Hey GeraldKo, glad to hear that you're happy with it and that it's working well for you!

Thanks!
-Rob