Closed Thread
how much this will cost
in final state?
CSSU-T latest version

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
As said in PM I've sent you few weeks ago (as reeply to your question about preordering - I have never got answer, maybe you've missed it?), currently planned price is:

Flat backcover: 50$
Fat backcover: 70$
Body replacement (inc. flat or fat backcover): 200$

Prices can change either way - as always, people who already pre-ordered are immune to price increases, but *do* get refund, if final price will drop.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-11-08 at 06:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I've unusual request, so bear with me:

Some great and kind supporter (Thank You!) transfered money to my account, on 30.09.2013. The problem is, that transaction doesn't have records of sender detail (at all), and furthermore, sum isn't equal to any combination of backcover/body replacement pre-order.

I has two nice people wondering about pre-ordering and contacting me lately, and I presume, that one of you decided on "yes". Sadly, I can't determine who did it, and how to allocate money (pre-order/donation/ or any combination of those). Please, send me a PM and claim your payment

Just a side note - while I *don't* believe than anyone from Maemo community would try to "hijack" this payment as his own, I *do* have means (and I'll use them) of verifying claims, by asking some discrete details about payment. I hope that it doesn't sound harsh - I just value supporter shown by pre-ordering people/donors and I want to be sure, that your payment is booked correctly, for right person and things.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-10-03 at 19:13.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I just want it on record that I come by and check this thread like 3-4 times a day hoping to see more pictures or other progress updates.

- Edit -
Upon further thought I realize I should clarify to avoid being misconstrued: I mean the above as a joking declaration of how obsessed with this project I am, /not/ as as any sort of effort to pressure Estel.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2013-10-08 at 06:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
make it plain back, make stand as hidden, and camera part keep it plain, like n9, damn sure thad'd look awesome

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Woa, good work ! it looks very nice !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
superb, very nice of work. look forward to updates

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to genes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I just want it on record that I come by and check this thread like 3-4 times a day hoping to see more pictures or other progress updates.
Now I really feel even more bad for being unavailable for longer than I thought

Take my excuses for being late, people - my moving operation (announced in last post) took longer than expected, coupled with some problems, ranging from leaking gas to no network provider and running out of data transfer limits on cellular network - don't want to bore you with details (already bored some people via PM and I feel filly enough ), but it's all up and running now (more or less - for internet access, I'm limited to not-so-generous-transfer-limit cellular network provider till late December/early new year).

After I managed to get everything up and running and enjoy my new home for a while murphy law hit during CNC "inauguration" in new location - mill's inverter burned itself with classical smoke cloud and smell of burned electronics. Repair proved to be non cost-effective, so I had to say goodbay to another 150 USD and immediately ordered new one, from EU supplier (to avoid long delay due to shipping from china). Fortunately, I had some savings left after moving (sold out equipment from old flat, that I didn't planned to move with me), but it drained very last of my reserves, so keep fingers crossed for nothing more breaking soon, please.

Summing it up (sorry for being brief after so long inactivity, it's 6 AM here, and I have yet to get some sleep... for a while), I'm waiting for it (inverter) to arrive "soon" - preferably, at the end of upcoming week - and resume work. I hope to present more results and photos of various stages, shortly afterwards.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Did you test the reception of gsm signals with the alu back cover? How is the signal reception for 2g/3g. Better or worse than with plastic cover?

The way I see it. Most manufacturers have only on one side metal. In the at least 2 dimensions they have non-metal where the antenna is. See iPad with lte or the HTC One with plastic end caps.

On another note. I discovered that there is a scan machine at the uni lab where I can scan my device in fro free. How accurate does the scan have to be? Is there a format it should be in to be imported in autocad or some other cad program? And if I scan every part independently, is it possible to combine all this parts later in a cad program?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Hi Estel, could you please be so kind to answer the above questions?
Thanks in advance.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
antenna, backcover, external, gangam_style, mugen cover, n900 body, neo900, sarcasm, where is estel