Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Well I would like to see the log to see why.

But you can delete the /home/user/.yappari/chats.db and everything should be back to normal.
i did this and it stopped anyway...sorry, i'm using this app but i don't know how to send a log

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
You could try a link like: cd /home/user/MyDocs ; ln -s /home/user/.yappari/cache YappariCache
Note: MyDocs is, per default, a FAT32 partition, so it doesn't support symlinks.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
By the way, Scorpius, you are the ****ing boss

Originally Posted by JCLJ2013 View Post
i did this and it stopped anyway...sorry, i'm using this app but i don't know how to send a log
You have the location of the log file in the first post. Send a private message with that file to Scorpius. And if you want, ofuscate the phone numbers inside the log so can't be seen.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Note: MyDocs is, per default, a FAT32 partition, so it doesn't support symlinks.
Do it in reverse. Create a folder in Mydocs, remove cache folder and create a link to the folder in Mydocs, named cache:

(Substitute "YappariCache" with the name you want)
mkdir /home/user/MyDocs/YappariCache
(Close yappari and be sure there isn't his icon in upper bar)
cd /home/user/.yappari
(If you want move the actual files from cache to the new location with next command. If not, jump to "rm" (remove) line )
mv cache/* /home/user/MyDocs/YappariCache

rm -r cache
ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/YappariCache cache

(Init Yappari again, end enjoy )

Last edited by malkavian; 2013-04-24 at 11:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Can't register it :S

"Registration couldn't be completed. Reason unknow"
I'm from Spain, tha country code is +34 (set automatically by the app)

Any tip? =( I really need this app =(

EDIT: Think I got it. Date/time problem! xD

Last edited by kralde; 2013-04-24 at 14:06.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Scorpius, any plans to release an update in Spanish =) ?
Thanks

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
By the way, Scorpius, you are the ****ing boss

You have the location of the log file in the first post. Send a private message with that file to Scorpius. And if you want, ofuscate the phone numbers inside the log so can't be seen.

Do it in reverse. Create a folder in Mydocs, remove cache folder and create a link to the folder in Mydocs, named cache:

(Substitute "YappariCache" with the name you want)
mkdir /home/user/MyDocs/YappariCache
(Close yappari and be sure there isn't his icon in upper bar)
cd /home/user/.yappari
(If you want move the actual files from cache to the new location with next command. If not, jump to "rm" (remove) line )
mv cache/* /home/user/MyDocs/YappariCache

rm -r cache
ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/YappariCache cache

(Init Yappari again, end enjoy )
thanks, the app returns to work, just i have to open and reopen many times... i saved the file (81,1mb) and will send

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ mombasa
hi...thnx for the great job
so how do i put the profile picture?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Tyga Steve View Post
hi...thnx for the great job
so how do i put the profile picture?
That hasn't been implemented yet.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by JCLJ2013 View Post
thanks, the app returns to work, just i have to open and reopen many times... i saved the file (81,1mb) and will send
Woah! That's a big log file. If no problem now, ¿why send? If you send it maybe for you and Scorpius wasting less time, you can cut just the last 500 lines (with "tail -500 /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log > /home/user/MyDocs/yappari-cutted.log" (without quotes) and send that new file), or remove the file, have the bug again and then send the new small file.

Scorpius, maybe a log rotation would be needed. Maybe simply mantain 2 files and move the main one overwriting the old one when it reach to 50 Mb (or even less), and obviously testing every some conections or days... Or maybe at least when installing a new yappari version, log could be removed. That last option is better than nothing.

About spanish translation could be great but I understand that there are more urgent needs that translations and Scorpius have not much spare time...

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
@scorpius

I am planning to change my sim. Would a re-registration happen? Or can i use my old number?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp