Active Topics

Notices

I am right in thinking filebox cannot view the hidden folders in my docs (.sounds, .images, .videos). Or is there some setting I need to change to be able to view them in filebox (other than changing all of them from . folders).

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I am right in thinking filebox cannot view the hidden folders in my docs (.sounds, .images, .videos). Or is there some setting I need to change to be able to view them in filebox (other than changing all of them from . folders).
You need to tick 'Show hidden files and folders' in the settings.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
obviously that can help
I should have checked this but honeslty thought that was part of the dependencies!

So basically "compress" is integrated but not "uncompress"...

Thanks for the quick reply
There is already tar on the system, so anything can be compressed into tar archive, whether you have other archive programs or not.

Filebox recommends zip, unzip, unrar, but doesn't force them, in case you don't need them.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
You need to tick 'Show hidden files and folders' in the settings.
Oops didn't realise that the settings screen was scrollable lol. Same thing happened to me with the phone settings menu. Thanks.

I seem to be having a problem with copy and pasting files with Filebox. The wee root access box is ticked, and has been restarted.

So I know that when you hold your finger on a file, it brings up the pop-up list, I scroll up and select copy, yes?

But then when I goto paste it with either CTRL+V or the wee paste from clipboard button in the tool menu, it returns something along the lines of "ERROR: Nothing selected to paste"

Tried enabling the select multiple items thing and ticked the ones I wanted copied, then hit CTRL+C, but that doesnt seem to work for me either.

Anyone wanna help me out here? I must be missing out something very basic but important.

Other than that, nice file manager, thanks!

amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing app. thnx

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Le_Petit_Lapin View Post
I seem to be having a problem with copy and pasting files with Filebox. The wee root access box is ticked, and has been restarted.

So I know that when you hold your finger on a file, it brings up the pop-up list, I scroll up and select copy, yes?

But then when I goto paste it with either CTRL+V or the wee paste from clipboard button in the tool menu, it returns something along the lines of "ERROR: Nothing selected to paste"

Tried enabling the select multiple items thing and ticked the ones I wanted copied, then hit CTRL+C, but that doesnt seem to work for me either.

Anyone wanna help me out here? I must be missing out something very basic but important.

Other than that, nice file manager, thanks!
Use clipboard icon.

Two sheets of paper: paste the clipboard items which are ticked into the current folder.
Scissors: move the clipboard items which are ticked from their original location to the current folder.
Eraser: for the clipboard items which are ticked, forget they were copied.
Trash can: delete/remove/erase the clipboard items which are ticked from the file-system, completely.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-09-30 at 13:16.

when i try to copy a large file (3.5 GB) from a usb disk on key to micro SD card storage i get an error of "not enough space to proceed". if i try to do the same copy operation with emelFM2 it works fine.
Why does filebox not allowing large file copying?

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
Maybe someone know where the filebox is save thumbnails of images and icons ?
I have a little problem, if I change some system icons (by my PC), in the filebox I still see the original icon (the thumbnail of icon).. Reboot not help...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
CTRL+R clear the thumbnails cache

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:

Tags
file manager, filebox