Active Topics

Notices

Works for me now, guess it was a Dropbox API issue.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
Hi,

thanks for all your efforts!

I have a problem installing dropN900. The application manager gives me the answer "conflict with python2.5-qt4-gl (4.7.4-maemo0)".

Any hints what I can do? Sorry if this is a noobish question.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by jonnenau View Post
DropN900 - Python based DropBox client for the Nokia N900 mobile device
Can you please implement Date sorting function?

i always want to see my latest uploads by sorting ascending Date!

thank you!

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
bump,

please can you add sort files by Date ?

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu very polished also UI amazing!

also work in portrait mode ctrl+r !!

I see missed files during sync.

I have a local directory that has multiple pictures. But after sync, some files don't show up in my DropBox.

Here is the log file. I'm not if these 403 errors are the cause of missed files.

11:00:18 -[CONFIG]: Found existing access token
11:00:19 ---[AUTH]: Account data received for XXXXXXX
11:00:43 ---[SYNC]: No synchronization downloads, all file up to date
11:00:43 ---[SYNC]: Uploading 235 files and 0 folders, total of 202.2 MB
11:00:52 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:00:52 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Invalid signature. Expected signature base string: GET&http%3A%2
11:01:09 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:01:09 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Invalid signature. Expected signature base string: GET&http%3A%2
11:02:48 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:02:48 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Invalid signature. Expected signature base string: GET&http%3A%2
11:03:25 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:03:25 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Invalid signature. Expected signature base string: GET&http%3A%2
11:03:43 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:03:43 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Missing signature."}
11:03:57 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:03:57 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Missing signature."}
11:04:08 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:04:08 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Missing signature."}
11:04:35 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:04:35 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Missing signature."}
11:04:50 [NETWORK ERROR]: 403 - Could not fetch metadata
11:04:50 [NETWORK ERROR]: >> {"error": "Missing signature."}

If I do sync again, it will start to upload those missed files. It's funny to see that the number of files need to be synced drops from 235 to 72, to 22, to 8, to 2, to 1. And then finally all files are synced.

So my guess is that something went wrong during the sync. But I think DropN900 should report those errors and show the user which files are not synced. Better yet, if it can re-try those failed syncs.

Thanks!

Last edited by ddwalker; 2011-02-14 at 20:23.

Hope this hasn't already been asked, but will dropn900 sync even when the app isn't open, if not is there an x-term command I can use for it to update.

Also in the change log I have noticed mentioning of a widget, is there a desktop widget for dropn900?

Ta!

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
Can you please implement Date sorting function?

i always want to see my latest uploads by sorting ascending Date!

thank you!
No sorry I have stopped implementing features to this app. Unfortunately Maemo5 is dead, so might be Meego. If I had any interest continuing this app it was because of meego. Not it has been abandoned and my work/private life schedules are too busy to do any more on this

I hope that everyone can appreciate what they got free and that I used hundreds of hours of my own summer holiday to make you all this app. It's not perfect, but it does some neat things with just a limited REST API from Dropbox.

Originally Posted by jasonisdavid View Post
Hope this hasn't already been asked, but will dropn900 sync even when the app isn't open, if not is there an x-term command I can use for it to update.

Also in the change log I have noticed mentioning of a widget, is there a desktop widget for dropn900?

Ta!
No there is no headleass (no ui) mode, or auto scripts. And no desktop widget.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jonnenau View Post
No sorry I have stopped implementing features to this app. Unfortunately Maemo5 is dead, so might be Meego. If I had any interest continuing this app it was because of meego. Not it has been abandoned and my work/private life schedules are too busy to do any more on this

I hope that everyone can appreciate what they got free and that I used hundreds of hours of my own summer holiday to make you all this app. It's not perfect, but it does some neat things with just a limited REST API from Dropbox.
I'm sorry to hear this as I was really hoping for an auto-sync feature, and I know others have other features they were hoping for as well.

Still as you say, you put quite a bit of time into this program all for free. I know I really appreciate the version I have. Thank you for all the work you put into bringing Dropbox to the Maemo platform.

That said, is there any chance you'll release the source somewhere? There may be someone else willing to pick up the project and continue where you left off....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eachna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
The program is written in python, so you already have the source on your device right now! (The source is on your n900 LIVE! :P )

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by eachna View Post
I'm sorry to hear this as I was really hoping for an auto-sync feature, and I know others have other features they were hoping for as well.

Still as you say, you put quite a bit of time into this program all for free. I know I really appreciate the version I have. Thank you for all the work you put into bringing Dropbox to the Maemo platform.

That said, is there any chance you'll release the source somewhere? There may be someone else willing to pick up the project and continue where you left off....
Code has been public from day one https://github.com/jonnenauha/DropN900 the link is also in the first post. Really easy to fork the repo in github, start developing, make features, make a pull request for me and ill pull your code. This is how I would like to do this app forward. If people are interested in getting involved please do, I can propably still do release updates still and help with fitting the code in if there are problems If you want to test your code, just copy your code to /opt/dropn900 to replace my files, and it will use my app key to do the requests! If you want to test with your own keys, just register with dropbox and follow where to put them from code.