Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
All Nseries will be MeeGo from now on but Anssi Vanjoki did say a "Symbian^4 Nseries is a possibility" but that's not ready for devices until atleast Spring 2011.
so for now or maybe forever MeeGo is Nseries king if it does well.

source official Nokia Blog
http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...ck-starts-now/

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-08-21 at 20:46.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well to quote Vanjoki in that very article: "but a Symbian^4 Nseries device is a strong possibility. A very strong possibility ;-)"

So why couldn't this be it?

There's just so many things about this device that ring to me as a Symbian device. Still thinking back to that "leaked ad". That was Symbiansymbiansymbian to the core that ad with the way it looked.

Also, this is supposed to be the coming of the Nokia MeeGo device, the device that will take over America and Europe. Wouldn't they want to make it stand out amongst Nokia's Symbian models? I don't think that they can afford the risk that people associate that form factor with Sym^3.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
look at the f'ing pictues its clearly meego.
symbian4 is not due on devices until late spring/early summer.
symbian3 is not on a publicly available device yet so there is no way s4 will be on device.
meego devices will be nokias top of range, N9 is highest
everyone as known for months N9 will be meego even before there was any leaks this was well known.
even when s4 comes out if they do decide they will make a nseries device it will most probably stay on n8 range.

explain what rings symbian about that device?

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-08-22 at 13:56.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
yep, same status bar and icons in the latest build of meego on N900 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioNjJ...yer_embedded#!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I hope this keyboard cleanly registers keen presses. I don't have very good experience with chiclet type keyboards.

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
I wouldn't get this phone and would discourage my acquaintances from getting this phone as well. I am sorry Nokia, you screwed me once with the shite support on N900 and now it is my turn to return the favour.

Originally Posted by arbitrabbit View Post
I wouldn't get this phone and would discourage my acquaintances from getting this phone as well. I am sorry Nokia, you screwed me once with the shite support on N900 and now it is my turn to return the favour.
lol...u said it better. I will give them a chance, but this time around i will WAIT. I really don't think they can pull it off. They have Android and soon Gingerbread to compete against. They better start paying developers now to start writing apps for it. Any delay on this meego/device will spell disastrous for them. They better not screw up like they did with the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
lol...u said it better. I will give them a chance, but this time around i will WAIT. I really don't think they can pull it off. They have Android and soon Gingerbread to compete against. They better start paying developers now to start writing apps for it. Any delay on this meego/device will spell disastrous for them. They better not screw up like they did with the N900.
Agreed! even if this device got some serious muscles in it (better than Iphone4) I will still wait to see the outcome of the release before I'm start investing again in Nokia. Bad experiences put me off from buying another Nokia on the released date. They better bringing out applications, game and cool stuff now to hype up the OS before it is released otherwise it will failed badly when competing against the Droids and iOS4. It is not about whose OS has bigger balls, it is about whose OS bigger apps count. People would buy an OS that have a lot of applications and support rather than buying a device that that can only do limited task and apps. Not to mention Nokia bad supporting history with their previous models.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
A9 (omap4440, PLEASE!) 1280x720(view the 720p videos i make on my device on my screen natively, not that hard of a concept) speaking of can i get 120fps (60 realistically) 720p video? combo: line-out/optical-out PLEASE! and at least 128gb of storage! i pray that we either get larger than 32gb microsdhc cards or this comes with a sdxc compat bay. and a compass, at least!

high end needs to be high end.

if its an A8 again, im waiting ... capacitive is on my shh list too, id rather resistive esp with stantums technology. no reason to up the res only to bring down the accuracy of the touch screen.

About the chicklet type keyboard and the grouse about it - how many people used the Zaurus SL5XX series and didn't like it ?

I thought the Zaurus keyboard was pretty nice. So if the N9 keyboard keys are have a nice tactile feel, I wouldn't mind the chicklet style seperated keys really. At least hope not. Of course , provided I buy it at all - which will not be till at least I have evaluated the software part of N9 MeeGo and realize its full potential (or lack of).

Tags
design, nokia n9