Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
But my current love is Letv Le Max Pro
Interesting. Looks nice but... all the things they are trying to sell me as the most wonderful features and the reasons why I should buy this and nothing else are exactly the things that put me off the most: 6.3" display (waaaay too big), USB C (waaaay too incompatible with everything else) and fast charging (waaaay too harsh on the battery; it is non-replaceable, which means that when you kill it with fast charging in less than 6 months, you will have to get a whole new phone). Thanks, but no thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Interesting. Looks nice but... all the things they are trying to sell me as the most wonderful features and the reasons why I should buy this and nothing else are exactly the things that put me off the most: 6.3" display (waaaay too big), USB C (waaaay too incompatible with everything else) and fast charging (waaaay too harsh on the battery; it is non-replaceable, which means that when you kill it with fast charging in less than 6 months, you will have to get a whole new phone). Thanks, but no thanks.
Oh come on... 6.3" may be way too big for you but not others. Phones are thin enough and have a small enough bezel they can fit into most pants. Although you will have to give up your skin tight jeans! lol
As far as I can tell, USB C is where things are heading. It is also backwards compatible although you might need an adapter. A minor inconvenience.
My Note Edge has fast charging. I've had it over a year. no problem with battery. Although unlikely to happen, a phone battery that dies in 6 months would be covered by warranty anyway.

My biggest concern would be how hackable the phone is as I would like to root it and modify it to my liking. But your concerns are waaaay too rooted in antiquarian thinking...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
that "thin" part.......... I don't like them thin, they are way to uncomfortable to hold. Moto X Play is 5.5 and it is way more comfortable than ZTE Blade v6. Rounded edges also does not help.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
I've been looking into that one. Pretty nice. Right now biggest complaint is camera focus is not working right. Should be getting software fix.

For 6 inch screen, Blu xl pure looks good too. About 1/2 price.

But my current love is Letv Le Max Pro

http://www.androidauthority.com/letv...t-look-666454/
Imagine that kirin 950 run MeeGo, why nokishit why?

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Imagine that kirin 950 run MeeGo, why nokishit why?
Know the feeling... Btw, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820, based on some benchmarks I've seen, looks even more impressive.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Oh come on... 6.3" may be way too big for you but not others.
That's why I said they put me off.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That's why I said they put me off.
Thanks! I missed that. I hope this post didn't make you reach into your drawer of tablets!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
6+ inch tablet?
not big enough..
I thought that as far as boom boxes went back in the day...
this one wasn't big enough...

But in retrospect now... I believe the car-dash-box was big enough to help initiate the crash of such a ludicrous fad...showing the absurdity of the fad ...

Once we have cracked the 12" smartphone ceiling ...
It'll only be a matter of time before the concept goes the way of the dodo.
Just like the monster (underpowered) home stereo systems of the 70's ..

Absurdity is a great thing...
a great leveler...
I can't wait for the next biggest smartphone to come out...
see what absurd tipping point it takes...
I mean ...
look at 70's....
It took "Disco Duck" to finally put the nail in Disco's coffin...
That was a mighty absurd song....
But with tech...
Bigger is better....
says..."Hey ..look at me...look at the size!..I must be someone important with important things to say!..I'm somebody!"

Tech absurdly too small is just the same ego ...in reverse frankly...

Damn...
I spoke too soon...
the end of the era of supersized smartphones is nigh my friends...
(bout time too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_k0h_nhBzs

I love my n900's...
but I love my n8x0's with the 4.3 inch screen real estate better...
4.whatever is the sweetspot I think...
not too big ..
not too small...
but that is my mad opinion...

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2016-01-11 at 19:00.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
As a owner and user of Sony ultra 6,4 I could use a bit bigger. I see no limit really and would like Phone functionallity in all tablets really.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Well, I'm generally not too judgemental about folks. You know, live and let live, different strokes for different folks... and so forth. I personally like the bigger screen because it gives a better browsing experience for me (ironically, maemo.org looks fantastic on my Note Edge) and it is easier for me to type, cut and paste etc. than on smaller screen, If you consider the total area of screen and keyboard on n900 it is about the same as some of the bigger phones like the Note series. But you have the advantage of the total area devoted to screen if you so choose. Although I do miss having the tactile sense from the hwkb. So if someone wants to tote a car dashboard size entertainment center with perhaps a rotary phone attached that's fine with me. Might be interesting to strike up a conversation with such person. Or maybe not...lol

Tags
'smarvelous, 'swonderful, latest, not greatest