Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
Every council member deserves a device. Deal with it.
Self award i not acceptable and not related if they do deserve or not! Stop answering not related questions, and after the way they answered, while maybe few of people got over reacted, but still if the council they can't act like that, i doubt if all of them deserve more than those who contributed a lot and didn't get any.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
It's just sad that the ones who have the biggest voice in this thread were not there when the Community Awards nominations was being discussed. Community members were given the opportunity to have their voices heard way before the announcement of the results was posted. So please, to those people who have not exercised their rights to free speech when it was needed, do not disrupt the community, especially at this time. We should be working towards ensuring our community's survival. Although I do not like how Estel said that he's not making this discussion a priority, we should be wise enough to acknowledge that this really isn't the most pressing issue that we have at the moment. To the ones who are dissatisfied, I'd suggest that you read on logs and threads regarding the Community Awards, make yourself informed before storming this thread with your objections and acknowledge the fact the you were given the opportunity to speak up. Maybe you'd like to plan for your own course of action so your favored members could have a device themselves?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
It's just sad that the ones who have the biggest voice in this thread were not there when the Community Awards nominations was being discussed. Community members were given the opportunity to have their voices heard way before the announcement of the results was posted. So please, to those people who have not exercised their rights to free speech when it was needed, do not disrupt the community, especially at this time. We should be working towards ensuring our community's survival. Although I do not like how Estel said that he's not making this discussion a priority, we should be wise enough to acknowledge that this really isn't the most pressing issue that we have at the moment. To the ones who are dissatisfied, I'd suggest that you read on logs and threads regarding the Community Awards, make yourself informed before storming this thread with your objections and acknowledge the fact the you were given the opportunity to speak up. Maybe you'd like to plan for your own course of action so your favored members could have a device themselves?
History is the lesson of future, if our community would be lead like that, and no changes would be made, i think more and more people would leave. I just don't want say names, but there are enuf well-known members who just don't want to speak up. But on other hand , it's never late and again, i didn't follow all the process as i and many just take it reasonable that council wouldn't be there. I know it works like that in any place, so i was shocked only after i saw the list.

One of oldest strategy is to give people something, so u can take a lot from them, and they would be affraid to lose what they have. I just want justice! and reasonable and logical decision.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
I, like you, believe that the contestant should not be the judge but I also believe that the Council Members have done much for the community and are deserving. With that, I rest my case.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
I, like you, believe that the contestant should not be the judge but I also believe that the Council Members have done much for the community and are deserving.
+1, but with the caveat that the issue was discussed both here and the mailing list beforehand, with the majority opinion having no objection to the council members receiving devices. That was the time to raise objections. Staying silent then and complaining after the fact smells like sour grapes to me.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hi, trolls. I'm back already. I thought to join you in your troll feast and see if we could get the happy days back. I remember when this community was about having fun, talking solutions, applications and devices. sure, we also talked about sassy cassie from time to time. Now days its impossible since you never let go. Make a point and move one and joke about it. You are losing you mind over this and i can see you here 5 years from now making the same points over and over yeah, over again. It's like you dont have anything else to do. Try out a new app, create a new script or something. BUT NOOO. "we are staying in this thread until we have justice" //All trolls in this thread.

Muhahah...feels great to be back!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hey guys,

I'm throwing in my opinion here. I didn't apply in community awards because I preferred the Qt 5 projects - this way something useful will come out of it.

As I see it, the problem here is that some people think that the same council who judged the applicants should not have applied themselves.
However, I think everyone really agrees on the fact that those people actually deserve the devices.

So, instead of bashing each other, please calm down. This was a stupid way of doing it yes, but I hope you guys learned from it. Acknowledge that this wasn't the best way of doing it, and then please move on.

Anyway, congrats to every winner!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Time this thread was closed because it is neither being productive nor are this council even listening.

You will get better results banging your head against a wall than try to talk to this council.

Close the damm thread.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Time this thread was closed because it is neither being productive nor are this council even listening.

You will get better results banging your head against a wall than try to talk to this council.

Close the damm thread.
I never thought you would say that. Thanks.

Thread is now closed!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
You are aware that:

1. The only reason the N950 was called a 'dev kit' was so they could punt a load of obsolete old hardware to drum up support for the up and coming N9.
Wrong, as :
- Nokia N950 in 2011 has had some developer softwares installed, which are not installed by default on Nokia N9;
- the physical qwerty keyboard is a great bonus to ease on device development. I've developed and still develop a lot directly on my N900, while on N9 I mostly use a PC (via ssh, copying the source code, etc).

2. Now the N9 has arrived and is available in large quantities the N950 is nothing more that a curiosity from a bygone era.
Not true again. For a lot of members of this community, a Nokia N950 is very special, desired by the majority of Maemo/MeeGo users. Just read the topics about this community awards to see the vivid interest for a N950.

3. To develop for the N9, for Harmattan the best device is an N9.
The best is to use both, N950 & N9. N9 for compatibility reasons for some softwares & usages. N950 for easy typing.

4. A developer can request a development device from Nokia at any time.
Anyone can request, but chance of receiving a N950 outside the 2011 Nokia Device Program and the 2012 Nokia Device Program is very small.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
award, community, council, device, outcry