Active Topics

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Thanks for these
I will definitely check these! Do you have any good tutorial for flashing from stock to custom rom(the one that you posted), and if you can make the link of the case because I am interested

For the PAC in black, I was thinking of something more colourful
but maybe I will give it a try....

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2014-05-27 at 13:01.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
)
SNES (Super GNES)
Just a little note, check out Snes9x EX+, it is a completely free, fully functional SNES emulator, IMHO the best in the store - you can even do snapshots for free.

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Just a little note, check out Snes9x EX+, it is a completely free, fully functional SNES emulator, IMHO the best in the store - you can even do snapshots for free.
I will check it after install a custom rom
I will really like gaming in it I think

Me too, I've been playing Zelda on that emulator with an OTG cable and a generic Logitech game controller, and it works spectacularly. If you feel fancy you can even connect a Wiimote from inside the app via bluetooth!

I'm not affiliated with them, I just really like the emulator.

Me too, I've been playing Zelda on that emulator with an OTG cable and a generic Logitech game controller, and it works spectacularly. If you feel fancy you can even connect a Wiimote from inside the app via bluetooth!

I'm not affiliated with them, I just really like the emulator.
By the way do you know any good tutorial for install custom roms from stock? I mean I have found some, but most of them are for updating from custom roms...

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
By the way do you know any good tutorial for install custom roms from stock? I mean I have found some, but most of them are for updating from custom roms...
You'll have to look for your particular device model (SGS3 comes in a few flavors).

Generally Cyanogenmod's wiki is a good place to start, it's probably best to use their method to first root, install a custom recovery and put CM on there, then move on to other roms.

Start with this page, find your particular model and follow what the model-specific page says.

You'll have to look for your particular device model (SGS3 comes in a few flavors).

Generally Cyanogenmod's wiki is a good place to start, it's probably best to use their method to first root, install a custom recovery and put CM on there, then move on to other roms.

Start with this page, find your particular model and follow what the model-specific page says.
I will check it, I think that I rooted it succesfully, but we will see :P

Yeap, it is rooted :P

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
Thanks for these
I will definitely check these! Do you have any good tutorial for flashing from stock to custom rom(the one that you posted), and if you can make the link of the case because I am interested

For the PAC in black, I was thinking of something more colourful
but maybe I will give it a try....
Sorry, dunno what happened to the link. I generally like cases that are very slim and matte texture (ie no glossy plastic). Dunno, but this one could be okay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Sof...134b2df&_uhb=1

1-Download Odin for your computer (PC).
2-Make sure Samsung drivers are on your PC (either install Kies, or install the individual driver).
3-Install a Custom Recovery (such as ClockWorkMod etc etc)
4-Run Odin, then connect phone to PC
5-Turn phone off. Hold Vol Dwn and Home and turn on
6-Initiate phone into Download Mode
(Odin will confirm a connection in one of the ports)
6-On PDA; browse for the recovery file
7- Flash it on Odin (ie hit Start)
8-Let Odin work its magic, pronto!
...usually custom recovery also gives you root, busybox, and free version of Superuser App

...from here, most of the hard work is done!!!

**Remember to backup your EFS**

All you have to do is download what you want to flash (custom rom, custom kernel, custom mod/script) and put into your phone.
Turn the phone off. Hold Vol Up and Home, then turn it back on... it will boot to the custom recovery. In the recovery, just wipe the device and flash the file you downloaded. Voila!

Easy as pie

PS If you're every looking into buying another Android device make sure the bootloader is unlockable, the term used is "locked bootloader" --avoid those devices. Basically, the bootloader cannot be bypassed so it makes it extremely difficult to flash custom recoveries, and in turn can make it really difficult to obtain r00t. If you have a custom recovery, it means you can install unlicensed scripts to the system... which means you can run a script to obtain root.... but if you have root, it doesn't mean you can replace the stock recovery with a custom one as the system itself can't bypass the boot... if that makes any sense.

edit: video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJ6t56DkMI

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: