Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
any idea for a script (probably using wget) to fetch the number of apps as appear at the maemo.org homepage
(bolded, next to "Downloads for Maemo5 116" )?

Not that it changes too much, but who knows...
Take my script above, and change the wget URL to be http://maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/. Awk / sed command could be following:

awk '/Downloads for Maemo5/ {print $0}' | \
sed 's/.*downloads\/list\/Maemo5\/all">\([0-9]*\).*/\1/'

...and still very bad at script writing. And still very upset for someone stealing my phone last weekend... Mother****er!

The Following User Says Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
Cool widget, thanks.
Here's couple of one-liners I use in it:

Root filesystem usage
df /|tail -1|tr -s " "|cut -d " " -f 5

IP address
/sbin/ifconfig `/sbin/route |grep def|tr -s " "|cut -d " " -f 8`|grep inet|sed 's/.*addr:\([^ ]*\).*/\1/'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelial For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cpscotti View Post
yes, I'll code something to fix/address that, user-defined width (in % of screen) or something like that.
This would be great...

Regarding multiple instances:
What about having more than one line so that it's one command per line..
If you select only one command, one line.. two commands.. two lines..
etc.. what do you think?
This would imply that commands run all together and with same premises (timing, network status, focus on widget desktop...) not much of a flexibility here.

Different if:
line1(command1, status1, timer1,stylus_touch1)
line2(command2, status2, timer2,stylus_touch2)
and so forth... but I'm not sure this is technically feasible due to widgets' nature.

Thanks.

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-01-12 at 21:30.

Hello everybody!
I'm sorry for leaving this app unattended but I was in some kind of hurry here..
For the ones asking about the width:
yes, I'll code something to fix/address that, user-defined width (in % of screen) or something like that.

Regarding multiple instances:
What about having more than one line so that it's one command per line..
If you select only one command, one line.. two commands.. two lines..
etc.. what do you think?
I would love to be able to put multiple scripts in one widget as opposed to multiple widgets - cuts down on overhead for the graphics engine as well
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Hi,
built-in "Battery(mAh)" command seems a bit buggy on my N900 after upgrading to PR 1.1.
It seems that "hal-device" command outputs battery reporting lines with different sort order thus making "Battery(mAh)" |-ed awk commands miss the "current" value.

Display at end of widget's status line was:
Code:
/1261
UPDATE 201001160912:
It seems that sort order of "hal-device" command output is quite random depending on unknown external conditions (I had the N900 connected in Storage Mode to the PC and output sort order was different than N900 not being connected)
I believe all shell/awk scripts relying on "hal-device" positional parameters output could be affected by this behaviour.

To make "Battery(mAh)" command work again I had to change it like this:
Code:
hal-device | grep battery.reporting | awk -F. '{print $3}' | sort | awk '$1 == "current" { current = $3}; $1== "design" {print current "/" $3}'

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-01-16 at 08:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Hi,
thanks for the great widget. Here is a small script to show the number of unread emails for my exchange 2003 account:

sqlite3 /home/user/.qmf/qmailstore.db ' select count(*) from mailmessages where ((status = 0 and size <>0) or status = 32768 or status = 229376 or status = 196608) and parentfolderid<>6;'

Parentfolderid 6 is my junk folder, not sure if that id is the same for everybody.

I hope that the next version can run multiple scripts or that it's possible to have multiple widets :-)

Resizing would also be nice, so far I have a work around with a name with lots of blank characters in front of the name and then some other widgets put on top of the blank area.

Cheers,
Fabian

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fry For This Useful Post:
I installed this in the past, before PR1.1, and it worked very nicely. I used it to toggle the FM transmitter.

Now, installing it after PR1.1, and rebooting makes all my widgets and shortcuts disappear from all 4 desktops. The only icons remaining are contacts and web bookmarks.

Furthermore, the desktop menu is not clickable. The top left menu icon works but it looks like something's being messed up on the desktop.

Removing via apt-get purge and rebooting fixes things.

I can open a bug at the appropriate place but I wonder if something else I have running may be interfering. Anyone got any idea?

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by nex View Post
I installed this in the past, before PR1.1, and it worked very nicely. I used it to toggle the FM transmitter.

Now, installing it after PR1.1, and rebooting makes all my widgets and shortcuts disappear from all 4 desktops. The only icons remaining are contacts and web bookmarks.

Furthermore, the desktop menu is not clickable. The top left menu icon works but it looks like something's being messed up on the desktop.

Removing via apt-get purge and rebooting fixes things.

I can open a bug at the appropriate place but I wonder if something else I have running may be interfering. Anyone got any idea?
Hi nex,
First, maybe the proper place to file a bug may be here since the app is not yet on extras and the extras-devel page resets at each upload.

Here come some questions:
a) after everything, installing it again causes any harm?
b) any other "devel" widgets? (I assume you have reasons to believe this app was the source of problems)

Now, some revelations:
I observed the pretty much the same "bug" as you, but I just added widget by widget (after reboot or not) and everything works fine now..

I'm somewhat puzzled by this bc whatever handles widget-related stuff was copied from personal-ip-address/countdown-home-widget/personal-gprs-counter or the like.. so if the bug was on one of those, I just propagated.... or.. I did something bad on the app myself.

Sorry for the inconvenient, this app is somewhat experimental and that's why I never upped to extras-testing. What I can say to help is that it works OK with PR1.1 (after this glitch).

I'm kinda without time to work on the app recently, I expect to work on it next week..

(Also, I already figured out a way to enable width management.. =])

Well.. any other info around this bug may be useful..

Thanks nex!

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by naabi View Post
Take my script above, and change the wget URL to be http://maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/. Awk / sed command could be following:

awk '/Downloads for Maemo5/ {print $0}' | \
sed 's/.*downloads\/list\/Maemo5\/all">\([0-9]*\).*/\1/'

...and still very bad at script writing. And still very upset for someone stealing my phone last weekend... Mother****er!
thank you very much! I'll give it a try.

Sorry to hear about your loss... do u have insurance?..

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, United Kingdom
New version on -devel..
Finally, user-configurable width =]

Next step: multi-commands/lines

Thanks to everybody that helped (reporting buggies and all)..
One nice thing is to "vote up" a short list of commands to use as preloaded ones...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cpscotti For This Useful Post: