Active Topics

Originally Posted by lschumanfcoe View Post
Why does reading this thread make me feel as if I'm listening to a manic-depressive? My conclusion is that, um...he hates the phone but will enjoy it very much. Uh, and that the phone is complete and utter garbage that appeals to his inner geek. Time to adjust the medications?
Exactly. Great geek product but crappy phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megacrazy For This Useful Post:
I didn't expect the n900 to be a great phone (I consider it a tablet first, a phone second myself). Not to mention considering how Nokia themselves pointed out that it's only step 4 of 5 in building the platform. Step 4 is more for the geek and bleeding edge crowd than your average consumer.

Though I'm not so sure I want step 5 myself, it seems to be too smartphoney and no longer a tablet by that point. Especially given the things they are considering (e.g. DRM systems)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-11-24 at 18:19.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
You mean 'Mobile Computer' surely...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dansus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Really?

Your OP didn't even mention phone functionality, and seemed to critize the "smart" part of it rather heavily.

Also, naming you thread as "N900 - Yes, it sucks" isn't really the best way for reasonable criticism that might actually be usefull and help in Maemo development.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Originally Posted by hihai411 View Post
the music player doesn't have a playlist? lol wth..thats so basic not to have.
I never use playlists. Won't bother me one bit. Does it have the ability to play music based on info gathered from ID3 tags? Like play all music in a specific genre? That and a really good directory structure is all I need.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Really?

Your OP didn't even mention phone functionality, and seemed to critize the "smart" part of it rather heavily.

Also, naming you thread as "N900 - Yes, it sucks" isn't really the best way for reasonable criticism that might actually be usefull and help in Maemo development.
especially considering the "geek" in him is still excited about the phone. Very misleading title which is likely only an attempt to generate replies (i.e. trolling)

Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
I never use playlists. Won't bother me one bit. Does it have the ability to play music based on info gathered from ID3 tags? Like play all music in a specific genre? That and a really good directory structure is all I need.
Yes it does. Though playlists are nice when you want to say make one for a party, or do smart playlists (smart playlists would be a nice feature actually).

Though I wonder why there's no music program (not online like Last.FM, etc.) out there that is done via tags.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Not to mention considering how Nokia themselves pointed out that it's only step 4 of 5 in building the platform. Step 4 is more for the geek and bleeding edge crowd than your average consumer.

Though I'm not so sure I want step 5 myself, it seems to be too smartphone and no longer a tablet by that point.
every time I hear step 4 of 5 I have to run to the bathroom.. because this means cr*p

at any given stage the phone has to be finished product. No excuses because with Nokia 5 of 5 will become 4.95 out of five and when you hope you have of 5 of 5 suddenly you are in 5 of 6 :-) and the crap continues.. got to run to the bathroom sorry

Last edited by bAxon; 2009-11-24 at 23:22.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bAxon For This Useful Post:
In which the scrolling is perfectly smooth. I have watched them.

Please point out where I said iPhone killer.

This is a phone that is being sold by Nokia as a flagship device. I am therefore within logical bounds to assume that it will compare to other flagship devices and not crap its pants every time I try to scroll.

Also, the fact that I bring up concerns after using the phone for some time and some people around here get all defensive and call me a whiner makes you guys a bunch of fools. Exactly the kind of fools that Nokia needs to keep buying garbage products.

Again, as a gadget, the N900 is great. As a phone that is supposed to be bought by many many people it falls flat on its face.
Did you ever consider that perhaps its just YOUR phone and you should think about reflashing as several other people have done and a very simple process has already been posted for.

Or did you just decide not to bother doing any work and instead fire off a big ole whine.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Simply put. It's not a [smart]phone yet. It's just a tablet with basic phone capability added.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:

Tags
close me please, cry me a river, delete me, old thread, worstthreadever