Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by epage View Post
All look into this and hopefully get it fixed today. I still need to make a package for fixing transcripts anyways
Odd, I just tried a call and it worked. I wish this stuff was a lot easier to debug...

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
I am also having the same dialing out problem, no call back connections. I have G/V on a N810, any suggestions?
I did a reinstall of Dialcentral and that seem to fix the problem.

After reinstalling DailCentral call back would work but when I answered the call back I could not hear the phone ringing from the number I was calling. 12 hours later I tried again and all is working.

As a general note, I've been getting spotty service from GoogleVoice, not just through DialCentral but through their website.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
WoooHooo!

I just got an invite to Google Voice!

Now to download DialCentral.....

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Feature Request for DialCentral:

1) Make it so we can SMS multiple contacts at once (either by group, or checkboxes, etc). I know that the GV website does not have this yet, but would be a nice feature.

2) Show contact groups

3) Instead of showing a complete message history on the DialCetral page, have an expandable or some sort of window, after having so many texts, there is a LOT of scrolling to do (yes, I text a lot)

Thanks

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I posted an alpha version of a Google Voice notifier in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=300843

It's somewhat crude (no deb yet) but any feedback would be great.

And thanks to epage for your help and work on Dialcentral, which this borrows heavily from.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to addisjon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by addisjon View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I posted an alpha version of a Google Voice notifier in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=300843

It's somewhat crude (no deb yet) but any feedback would be great.

And thanks to epage for your help and work on Dialcentral, which this borrows heavily from.
Thank bro for added this application, but i'll wait for deb too, much headache your way...Epage add that to Dialcentral and update it please you still have many things to fix. Thanks

Last edited by EL_EASY; 2009-06-30 at 01:09.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by EL_EASY View Post
Thank bro for added this application, but i'll wait for deb too, much headache your way...Epage add that to Dialcentral and update it please you still have many things to fix. Thanks
Actually, epage, I respectfully disagree with EL_EASY. I'd rather you not clutter up DialCentral with a notification component. I prefer it just the way it is. If people want the notification component, let them use the aforementioned addon.

I'm really getting a lot of use out of DialCentral lately. Thanks a ton.

-SG

Originally Posted by tlacuache View Post
Actually, epage, I respectfully disagree with EL_EASY. I'd rather you not clutter up DialCentral with a notification component. I prefer it just the way it is. If people want the notification component, let them use the aforementioned addon.

I'm really getting a lot of use out of DialCentral lately. Thanks a ton.

-SG
Clutter is a big issue. The clincher for me is it would need to be shown to not be bad on batter usage or CPU/Memory load.

I really do not see the issue including it in the DC package (with a nod from both devs of course) and allow it to be an OPTIONAL setting. If you do not want to be notified then DC could function as it normally would. Let the user set up the time in between checks for new messages. Maybe battery life isnt as important to some as staying connected via SMS to others. Who knows, maybe the notifier has little to no impact on battery life.

tlacuache, what do you mean by clutter? It would be a menu item that you would "set it and forget it" Would not need screen real estate to function or set up.

The optional add on for the moment is functional for those who wish to add it, but I think for the future the 2 should/will either be joined or totally separate. And by separate I mean DC as a dialer/missed calls interface and the notifier turn into a full blown SMS app, with send/receive ect. Just my thoughts. DC is fantastic and the notifier is coming along rather well. Keep up the work guys.

Last edited by mrdally204; 2009-06-30 at 14:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrdally204 For This Useful Post: