Notices

Well, Just installed it.
This was a HUGE feature that I had been waiting for. I cannot thank you enough!
Keep up the good work!

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Quick question when the one ring is finally down and in extras will it be able to be installed and still use dial central? Or could the two programs conflict with each other?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Quick question when the one ring is finally down and in extras will it be able to be installed and still use dial central? Or could the two programs conflict with each other?
They both work now.

ePage - this is fantastic work on your part, if you ever need donations from the community, hit me up.

I was wondering, both for TheOneRing and other apps in general, if there is a way to still be notified about updates to them without always have extras-testing or extras-devel enabled? I normally disable them so I won't have the flashing update icon all the time, but that means I do miss out on updates I want for the two or three testing/devel items I have installed.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by bocaJ View Post
ePage - this is fantastic work on your part, if you ever need donations from the community, hit me up.

I was wondering, both for TheOneRing and other apps in general, if there is a way to still be notified about updates to them without always have extras-testing or extras-devel enabled? I normally disable them so I won't have the flashing update icon all the time, but that means I do miss out on updates I want for the two or three testing/devel items I have installed.
I don't know about your other apps but I generally try and get my software into extras testing quickly. During this beta time where it is -devel, I would suggest relying on a subscription to this thread. I try and post to notify people that new versons are out for my other applications and will do similar here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
I've just pushed to the auto-builder a fix for the 20s polling of texts. The behavior is now as described in the first post.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Installed on my N900. Received sms no problem. Haven't tried calling yet. Did a quick chech, and when enabled, doesn't seem to have any significant battery drain issues. Looking forward to using the new version with the polling fixed.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Big thanks for you app...quick question to run that application do we need the update pr1.1 I have it install on N900 soft V42.11 I always get error after I press the call button, it say general error. Dialcentral work perfectly. I have the online green light status on and see the the callback number has said in your description. when dialing do we put the same has skype like a +666-666-6666 or we just dial like dialcentral. thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to JD2010 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
OK one bug to report (N900, pr1.1, 0.7.0-1). It was doing it with the previous version as well. I get sent a sms, which shows up just fine. However, if I close the conversation, then go back into it, it re-downloads the sms. Checking the google voice website, the sms is still "new".

What part/all of the log do you need / what can I censor?

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
Big thanks for you app...quick question to run that application do we need the update pr1.1 I have it install on N900 soft V42.11 I always get error after I press the call button, it say general error. Dialcentral work perfectly. I have the online green light status on and see the the callback number has said in your description. when dialing do we put the same has skype like a +666-666-6666 or we just dial like dialcentral. thanks
I "think" that constitutes your Caller ID info. That would be important possibly for billing purposes. I have it on my "A-list" with ATT. That is my GV number is registered as an A-List number. Like favorites or circle of friends elsewhere. that way I get free calls to and fro that number! So I can have unlimited minutes when I use my GV.

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5