@dvb: now I know what is bad (look previous post), so I will try to fix or provide another debug version for more info. But wait, becuase I do not have time for it now.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@pali: https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...769375b1b46623

Maybe not the best solution, I guess we can just keep the mountpoint for first vfat partition in mmc structure, but it works fine that way too.

There is another problem - now you can't use uSD in mass storage mode if there is a swap partition used. I am writing a patch that will unmount the first vfat partition (if any) and export it as mass storage.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon: in above log I see big problem: At startup it detected only one partition (this is maybe OK, because partitions without detected filesystems could be ignored - e.g. swap). But after inserting SD card again, it reported two partitions which are mountable. And because of that, path was changed... And another missing feature: Ke-recv should mount first partition to /media/mmc1 if there is no FAT partition.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@freemangordon: in above log I see big problem: At startup it detected only one partition (this is maybe OK, because partitions without detected filesystems could be ignored - e.g. swap). But after inserting SD card again, it reported two partitions which are mountable. And because of that, path was changed...
Could be, but that doesn't mean we're not trying to unmount /media/mmc1pN instead of /media/mmc1 for the first VFAT partition.

And another missing feature: Ke-recv should mount first partition to /media/mmc1 if there is no FAT partition.
No, no, we can't do that, camera-ui and a couple of others will explode in our faces if we mount anything but VFAT as /media/mmc1

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Could be, but that doesn't mean we're not trying to unmount /media/mmc1pN instead of /media/mmc1 for the first VFAT partition.
Maybe, but why after inserting second time SD card (with one ext partition) ke-recv see that SD card has two (ext) partitions?

No, no, we can't do that, camera-ui and a couple of others will explode in our faces if we mount anything but VFAT as /media/mmc1
What? What? What? There is bug in kernel non fat drivers? Or bugs in camera-ui app?

I do not understand how application can crash if filesystem is not vfat. I can imaginate that app crash because kernel report "you do not have permission to create new file"...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
@dvb: now I know what is bad (look previous post), so I will try to fix or provide another debug version for more info. But wait, becuase I do not have time for it now.
I just wanted to be sure I supplied all the needed info. I don't demand the immediate fix, of course. Thanks!

There is another problem - now you can't use uSD in mass storage mode if there is a swap partition used. I am writing a patch that will unmount the first vfat partition (if any) and export it as mass storage.
Why can't it be used in mass storage? /dev/mmcblk0p1 is somehow exported as mass storage having other partitions used.

Last edited by dvb; 2013-08-22 at 12:13.

Maybe, but why after inserting second time SD card (with one ext partition) ke-recv see that SD card has two (ext) partitions?
Broken card/partition table? Someone changed partition table between insertions? No idea, but it is unrelated to the wrong unmount bug.

What? What? What? There is bug in kernel non fat drivers? Or bugs in camera-ui app?

I do not understand how application can crash if filesystem is not vfat. I can imaginate that app crash because kernel report "you do not have permission to create new file"...
Take https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7160 for example. And I bet this is not the only application which is hardcoded to believe that /media/mmc1 is vfat and user writable. I am thinking modest, osso-backup, who knows what else. I think it will be too much of a risk to implement that.

Community SSU developer

@Pali: https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...fa5fd381492453

Maybe it is time to release a new version in cssu-devel.

Community SSU developer

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
SOrry for opening an old thread, but is there any hope for fixing wrong mounting?

@dvb: Support for any partition type supported by kernel should work with CSSU. There is only problem if you have multiple partitions on SD card - but this is partialy fixed in ke-recv git (do not remember what exactly and what is already pushed to CSSU).

Tags
ext2/3/4, maemo, mounting, partition, sdcard