Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Of course I took a look to the submission, and no, I am not trolling.
I'm talking on giving a N950, wich is, remember, a Harmattan development kit. And sure he did valuable contributions to the maemo community in the past, but honestly, i think the device will be in better hands of a dev who actually target & develops to the platform, like e-yes, than a guy who made Diablo/N810 submissions 2 years ago.

And I say this with all the respect for him and his contributions.
Actually to develop to harmattan, you need device for that, and even with some issues with community, back of time on N900, Matan contributed a lot. So i hope he would get one as fast as possible so we'll get tweaks and hacks from him =)

Let's say at least there are still members on the list of winners who really deserve it, and i think he is the one of those, on other hand ....

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
5 members of council won N950's????? very dodgy if you ask me !.
Nope, only 4/5, so it's ... *sarcasm_mode * random, and those like e-eyes, rzr, itsnotthatbigtruck and others who ported things, developed and reverse engineered, contributed to community, just without too many attention around, quietly talking on IRC instead of mailling lists, with only few announcement threads on TMO, they probably do not deserve

Last edited by ZogG; 2012-06-21 at 16:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I just wonder Freemangordon and Pali will do on n950

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
5 members of council won N950's????? very dodgy if you ask me !.
Stop spreading FUD please. I am Council, and did not even put my name into the hat for a device, yet alone receive one. If you can't be bothered to find actual facts and prefer to lie, that's fine. But don't do it here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Stop spreading FUD please. I am Council, and did not even put my name into the hat for a device, yet alone receive one. If you can't be bothered to find actual facts and prefer to lie, that's fine. But don't do it here.
No way it looks right and if you read the posts on here you will see , i was having a joke woody OK and i hope they all do something worthwhile with what they won, don't argue with me woody i actually congratulated you on getting elected if you read my posts ok.

PS i was actually thinking they went to the right people because if anyone is to do some good it would be members of the council ! maybe all of you should get one for the efforts you have all made to get elected in the first place.

NO woody not fud ok.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2012-06-21 at 17:20.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
don't argue with me woody i actually congratulated you on getting elected if you read my posts ok.
You lied, and insinuated that all Council got devices when it was not true. Sorry, but to me that is a lie designed to stir up trouble, which makes you a liar and what you said FUD. But then anyone who's had a conversation with you knows that you lie regularly.

Again, if you want to spend your life telling lies and having people never believing anything you say, you go right ahead and live that life. But I don't want or need the "support" or congratulations of such people.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
WOW your a member of the council and you talk like this to the members ????? good start woody your doing well so far aye !.

Remember everyone will read your posts and this is not the way a council member should talk, i would be very surprised if Reggie don't say something over this !.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Actually to develop to harmattan, you need device for that, and even with some issues with community, back of time on N900, Matan contributed a lot. So i hope he would get one as fast as possible so we'll get tweaks and hacks from him =)

Let's say at least there are still members on the list of winners who really deserve it, and i think he is the one of those, on other hand ....

Nope, only 4/5, so it's ... *sarcasm_mode * random, and those like e-eyes, rzr, itsnotthatbigtruck and others who ported things, developed and reverse engineered, contributed to community, just without too many attention around, quietly talking on IRC instead of mailling lists, with only few announcement threads on TMO, they probably do not deserve
What? Itsnotabigtruck, wolke, schturman, rzr, e-yes, and others deserved devices. These are people that are truly involved with Harmattan.

The only person I saw that got a device he deserved that already had one was Mohammadag.

fCrochik had one and vi_ got one too, I have no argument with these people either.

Who the rest of these people are in regards to Harmattan is beyond me and I have been actively involved in IRC, maemo.org, fmc, and other Harmattan related places.

This was a rigged process and we all know it woody.

I couldn't care less about the council members getting a device, that was mentioned in the mailing list, but people that have been helping Harmattan from the start should have gotten them. This is absolutely ridiculous that certain people in the community didn't get one.

I would like some explanation as to why certain individuals that did nothing for the harmattan community were given devices that they didn't deserve?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-06-21 at 17:17.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
READ woody READ , people are just not happy about who got awarded N950's so it is not just me if you read the posts on this thread!!!.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
What? Itsnotabigtruck, wolke, schturman, rzr, e-yes, and others deserved devices. These are people that are truly involved with Harmattan.

The only person I saw that got a device he deserved that didn't already had one was Mohammadag.

fCrochik had one and vi_ got one too.

Who the rest of these people are in regards to Harmattan is beyond me and I have been actively involved in IRC, maemo.org, fmc, and other Harmattan related places.

This was a rigged process and we all know it woody.

I couldn't care less about the council members getting a device, that was mentioned in the mailing list, but people that have been helping Harmattan from the start should have gotten them. This is absolutely ridiculous that certain people in the community didn't get one.

I would like some explanation as to why certain individuals that did nothing for the harmattan community were given devices that they didn't deserve?
It wasn't about harmattan-only contributions, it was about general community contributions. These devices were for people who has done alot for the community in general, not specifically harmattan development. It was meant actually for non-coders too which helped the community with different things (eg packagetesting)
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
READ woody READ , people are just not happy about who got awarded N950's so it is not just me if you read the posts on this thread!!!.
I don't care who got awarded an N950, I'm bothered that people that have made major contributions to Harmattan didn't get devices that already weren't awarded them...

Please let me fight my own battles, I appreciate your support, but I can handle them.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-06-21 at 17:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
award, community, council, device, outcry