Active Topics

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
This guy is selling the slider mechanism on the bay HERE maybe it can be beefed up a bit to give less play, I did this with my old N95-2. Not sure I am brave enough to start messing with my N900 yet though, unless it gets really loose.

My slider has become so loose that when i slide it to expose the keyboard,there is a substantial gap on the right hand side. If I turn it on the side I can see a gap right through to the base section (if that makes sense). I'm not too sure what it is that needs tightening, if anything, or if this is going to be a case of replacing a part or something. Does anyone have any ideas????

Cheers

Last edited by georgefjones; 2010-04-14 at 16:00.

Still sturdy after hundreds and hundreds of opens/closes

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
does anybody have a solution to this yet? Mine's getting pretty bad!

have had my N900 for 4 months now and the slider hasn't show any problems at all. I wish I could say that for the screen. It has a huge area, actually a half inch circle that is totally scratched. I will be taking it soon to a Nokia center to have it replaced. Whatever you do, don't put the device in your pocket without a bag or holder ot something !!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
mine feels nice and firm after a few months, much better than my N95

I havea pretty fool proof plan on the screen. left pocket = (I dont use a wallet), right pocket, n900. ALWAYS. I NEVER NEVER mix the two.

my wife however, slid some change in my pocket when I hands were full, and I freaked out, and pulled out my phone and yup.. small scratch.... gruh..

that thing is called the Smart Money Clip by strotus. have had it for 3 years now. works great!

Mine has a little play in it (about 0.5mm) if I squeeze the phone, but overall it's still pretty firm.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Swindon, UK
My HTC Touch Pro also got a bit loose, after 2 years of having it, I was able to wiggle the screen around without the keyboard even beginning to open!
But it still felt solid.

I would hope that the N900 is the same, Nokias have always been quite tough in the past.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
loose?? wtf?? i had an hour ago an new n900 in my hands.... and its slider (brand new) feels loose.... and mine feels to tight... maybe dust?!

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Tags
lack of quality control, loose slider