Active Topics

Wow, people were truly being ripped off for this before it was "marked down" to $30.

I've had the Amazon product page open so long--planning to buy it--that I can't shake the inertia and just go for it.

Is there anything better about the $39 model that makes it better for us?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I just got my keyboard (was shipped to a US address in 2 days, had someone bring it back for me). It works, and quite well. I can't believe how small it is. The ONLY thing I can say that's bad, is they put some stupid #*$#*&$ sticker along the keyboard and the outside of it so I've been trying to scrape off the sticky paper residue for the last 20 minutes.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
I just got my keyboard (was shipped to a US address in 2 days, had someone bring it back for me). It works, and quite well. I can't believe how small it is. The ONLY thing I can say that's bad, is they put some stupid #*$#*&$ sticker along the keyboard and the outside of it so I've been trying to scrape off the sticky paper residue for the last 20 minutes.
Amen!!
I got mine about Thanksgiving, and still have pieces of the darn sticker on some keys. It'll wear off.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Ditto on the sticker annoyance. It took ten minutes and Goo-Gone to get it off of mine.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
I was just wondering. When I type the words "don't, doesn't, haven't, etc..." I hope its not just me, but I need to type the " ' " symbol two times so it can show on the screen. Is it just me or that is the way it was meant to be?

*** Get $60 Back *** if you bought your IGo Keyboard during Amazons Gold Box where it cost $89.99 and then they applied a $62 coupon to get it down to $27.99, you qualify for a PRICE MATCH from the $89.99 to the current $29.99 price; a $60 refund, thus giving you this keyboard for a $32ish profit!

I've done this as have several others. This works because you were actually sold the item for $89.99 and the $62 discount was a coupon and not price reduction.

You need to call Amazon and request the credit.

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year!

I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but havent found it yet. How do re-enable the onscreen keyboard? I have disconnected the iGO, but havent got the onscreen to come back. Running OS2008.50

Originally Posted by symbiat View Post
I got mine today. It works (Im running OS 2007 on N800).

Pairing procedure:
1. Go into menu: Tools -> Control Panel
2. Tap on Bluetooth
3. If Bluetooth is off, tap "Bluetooth on" checkbox
4. Now tap "Devices"
5. On the Stowaway keyboard, hold down CTRL LEFT-FN RIGHT-FN until you see the green LED above the "T" key flashing once per second.
6. On the Nokia, Click "New" and wait a few seconds while it finds and identifies your keyboard (comes up as "Think Outside Keyboard").
7. Tap on the entry for the keyboard, you will see a dialog box showing a four digit code.
8. Tap OK on the Nokia and on the keyboard type the four digit code and press Return.
9. The pairing should complete after a few seconds.

And for the record, I can also verify that the procedure is similar for the Apple (aluminum) wireless bluetooth keyboards (which is suprisingly compact but not foldable of course) - except you dont need to mess with CTRL LEFT-FN RIGHT-FN. The Apple keyboard is beautiful.

I have both of these keyboards working nicely:

I have tried this over and over. No luck. I get the the window where it says "pairing." I try to put the passkey in , but it never takes. By looking at the keyboard, I assume that you hold the FN key down and then hit the corresponding number keys, right?

I have also noticed that the flashing green led stops flashing when the n800 is pairing. If I cancel the pairing, the light starts flashing again.

I am running the new 2008os and the keyboard is a xtbt01. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW I second the comments in other threads about the nasty sticker across the keys. If I could get my hands on the bozo who came up with that idea....

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Enter!!!!!