Active Topics

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
tomj, what's your address. lol

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I just bought the Nokia BH-214 for 49€. It's a nice little bluetooth dongle that you can connect your own headphones to. It has the mic in the dongle and a clip, so it attaches pretty well to your clothing.

For me it's ideal, since I can use my own headphones and it doubles as a hands-free for the N900 phone. It's great to listen to music wirelessly, since wired headphones are seriously in the way of writing on the N900 keyboard.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Just in case you didnt know, theres currently a bug regarding Bluetooth with your Wifi connected. Audio quality becomes choppy and inconsistent; the connection breaks up all the time, pitch of music goes up and down.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5880

If this happens, it's not down to your headphones so no need to worry.

Back on topic.

Last edited by Revampion Rv+'; 2009-12-03 at 09:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revampion Rv+' For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I noticed with music playing, any alerts coming in makes the music volume increase greatly. which means the preamp has more headroom.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Eindhoven, NL
Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
I just bought the Nokia BH-214 for 49€.
So, what is actually unclear to me is if the volume up/down and next/prev track buttons actually work. Can you confirm this? Because I too dislike using the n900 when it is connected to headphones of which the wires run under my clothes/jacket!

Last edited by paulvt; 2009-12-08 at 14:23.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
jaysire told me by PM the bh 214 works perfectly with n900.
My choice is made !

Looking for chaep bluetooth headphones, are there any that charge with the same connection as the n900, think its mini usb?

Last edited by squirreluk; 2009-12-16 at 19:32.

I use the JayBird Freedom Phones. Perfect for the gym, but no noise cancellation. If its for work out that you need then its a good choice. I could never wear the massive headphones, even on the tube in London. But when I move back to London I would definitely need somethign with noice cancellation, hopefully they come up with something that isnt the size of my head.

Ok just bought a new pair of motorola s9 active bluetooth headphones for £12.50 delivered. Got them from ebay to keep me going just now. Hope they connect ok to the n900

I have a question regarding bluetooth headphones, I have been looking up and down for the answer but unable to find it.

My question is if the n900 supports AVRCP why am I unable to control the music with my headphones? I tried it with the Jabra Halo, Sony drbt101 and Samsung wep870, I was unable to skip pause or play the tracks from the headset controls.

I ordered a pair of Sennheiser mm 200's, they will be arriving soon. Wondering if im doing something wrong? or is it some sort of bug that needs to be fix and will be available in the next fw?