Active Topics

Was hoping to get mine on my birthday which was 14th November ...but didnt

9 days to go and struggling. Only so many n900 youtube videos I can watch

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
For those that have stopped watching the UK thread through jealousy at all the people getting their shipping mails, this was posted on page 51

I work at the Nokia Retail Store (Guildford), we have been informed that it will have it in our stocks on Thursday morning (means extra shift) and dispatch will start on Monday (30th November). We have been under lots of stress from the phone calls we received, but please do not hesitate to contact (01483 303071).

Steve, Guildford, Nokia Retail Store worker.

He has gone on and made several useful posts and seems to know what he is talking about - nothing that new though - its next week

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Whilst I have no news to share, I thought I'd let people know that I just had another rather frustrating webchat with MPD.

It was frustrating for a couple of reasons, some of my messages were not being displayed, and the staff member I was talking to didn't seem to respond to (or was very slow replying) most of my messages.

It seems though that it was a technical glitch, the transcript emailled to me at the end of the chat included all messages I had sent and all message the staff had sent me (some of which I hadn't seen).

I have emailled MPD directly (about multiple things but mentioned this problem).

So be aware that they might not be being shirty/ignoring you it could be some sort of technical glitch, I feel quite bad for getting a little arsey with the person now. Hopefully, anyone else that reads this will go easier on them.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
Hi to all. My first post here but i've been lurking for years and had some great fun with my n800.

I finally succumbed this morning and ordered thru MPD (voda contract).

I know many of you have ordered some time ago but do you reckon i'll be waiting much longer considering they operate on a first come first served basis.

It's my birthday on the 2nd of dec and I'd be a happy lad to have it within a week or so of that date.
Any thoughts?

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by qwertyberty View Post
Hi to all. My first post here but i've been lurking for years and had some great fun with my n800.

I finally succumbed this morning and ordered thru MPD (voda contract).

I know many of you have ordered some time ago but do you reckon i'll be waiting much longer considering they operate on a first come first served basis.

It's my birthday on the 2nd of dec and I'd be a happy lad to have it within a week or so of that date.
Any thoughts?
No one can say as we don't work for them, but Id expect that you would be alright...
They have more stock than pre-orders, or did a while back..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
No one can say as we don't work for them, but Id expect that you would be alright...
They have more stock than pre-orders, or did a while back..
Thanks, I got the n97 thru MPD earlier in the year and was fairly happy with the service.
I'm hoping for more of the same.
(from MPD, not nokia. the n97 is a little disappointing)

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Reckon I'll get mine the closest.

Ordered 9th November Birthday 22nd June

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

The Following User Says Thank You to thiswayup For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Yikes, and mine is the 27th November - how freaky is THAT.

Some weird odds going on in here, three people who just happen to be on the same forum, ordered the same phone/tablet, from the same company, in the same country, born in the same month, two of which are currently located in the same CITY.

Perhaps that why we don't have our N900s yet, the odd were wasted on other freaky coincidences.
Ah- hang in there- there must be a good reason- we all clearly have EXCELLENT taste

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Whilst I have no news to share, I thought I'd let people know that I just had another rather frustrating webchat with MPD.

It was frustrating for a couple of reasons, some of my messages were not being displayed, and the staff member I was talking to didn't seem to respond to (or was very slow replying) most of my messages.

It seems though that it was a technical glitch, the transcript emailled to me at the end of the chat included all messages I had sent and all message the staff had sent me (some of which I hadn't seen).

I have emailled MPD directly (about multiple things but mentioned this problem).

So be aware that they might not be being shirty/ignoring you it could be some sort of technical glitch, I feel quite bad for getting a little arsey with the person now. Hopefully, anyone else that reads this will go easier on them.
Well then they ought to sort the damned thing out. the problem will be with the webchat software and beyond their control but it does look awfully unprofessional for a company like them to be using something that doesn't work. Maybe find something more reliable so they don't p!ss their customers off so often??

Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Well then they ought to sort the damned thing out. the problem will be with the webchat software and beyond their control but it does look awfully unprofessional for a company like them to be using something that doesn't work. Maybe find something more reliable so they don't p!ss their customers off so often??
As it happens, their unprofessionalism (lack of communication, and ignoring their enquiry form submissions, etc) is the main reason I emailled them. Be interesting to see if I get a reply.

Dex