Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
will pr1.2 require the device to be flashed once it gets a real release?

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
The OVI-navigation has a new look and is a lot faster (both the interface and tracking). There is no voice-navigation as far as I know...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtteK0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Does it have the voice navigation now?
Nope, sadly.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
will pr1.2 require the device to be flashed once it gets a real release?
No.

/* This message is now over 10 characters. */

The Following User Says Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post:
does video calling work over 3g? (not google/skype video)

Originally Posted by AtteK0 View Post
The OVI-navigation has a new look and is a lot faster (both the interface and tracking). There is no voice-navigation as far as I know...
If it doesn't have voice navigation, does it have turn-by-turn navigation at least?

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
If it doesn't have voice navigation, does it have turn-by-turn navigation at least?
It already (Pre PR 1.2) has turn by turn?

The Following User Says Thank You to rickysio For This Useful Post:
Please everyone stop referring to this as PR1.2. This is NOT PR1.2 but a release candidate or testing build that has been leaked. It may have bugs not in the final PR1.2 build.

Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
No.
There is no way you can know this. I'm betting nokia isn't going to put a lot of effort into ensuring leaked builds for testing work with ota updates. And there may be bugs in the build that prevents updates. It may turn out that it works, but there is no way you can be certain until the real PR1.2 is actually out and you can test updating to it.

Anyone using this leaked build has to accept the risk that they will have to do a full flash once PR1.2 is out, and that backups made using this FW may not restore properly once the phone is updated to PR1.2. If you can live with that then by all means play with the new toy, but don't give other users guarantees that you can't know to be correct.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
It shows me where I am and where I am supposed to be. But it doesn't show something like "Turn right now" and it doesn't calculate a new route when I drive somewhere else.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Oops, I didn't say "devices with leaked firmware will get newer releases" as you already said there's no way for me to know this. I just said PR1.2 (the real one, from Nokia) will not require your PR1.1.1 device to be flashed. Nokia always supplies OTA upgrades for it.

Off-topic: I think there's a high upgrade possibility for leaked PR1.2 to real PR1.2 even if Nokia does not support it, you can still get packages manually. (and maybe it will work, maybe it won't. who knows..)

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality