Active Topics

They're helpful if you don"t want to bother with going into a store to get it replaced. It happened to my friend recently (iPhone 3G). Battery died, she went to a store and one said it was the battery and they'll charge 80 for a replacement. They said they would have to order one, so in the meantime she went to an Apple store in another mall. The other Apple store tried to claim it was water damage near the dock but wouldn't show her the water sensor.

Luckily she just went back to the original Apple store and got it replaced.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
The iphone has an amazing range of battery covers and add on battery packs.

I got my internal battery unofficially swapped at a shop for £20. No biggie.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
For most people that have iPhones, there is no competition.
You'd be surprised at the number of people that see anything 'smart phone like' (that isn't obviously a blackberry) and just assume it's an iphone - even the N900 which we know is completely different. It's these millions of people and the majority of the market that they're targeting with these advertisements/claims. They just don't know or care about the competition so it's irrelevant.
You do know that you could replace "iPhones" in your paragraph with just about any other brand "N900", "HTC EVO 4G", "Motorola Droid" et al and if the phone has fans... they will defend it as being the best.

Just saying... not saying you're wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
720p recording rox !

Originally Posted by Brank View Post
I'm not that impressed. No spectacular new tech, though I guess that's just proof that smartphones are hitting a wall.

Next winner in smartphones is the one who gets through that wall. I'm guessing mobile cloud computing might be the next big thing, where I think MeeGo is in a good position, with multiple interfaces to access your data.
Right now, I think that more raw power is needed from mobile processors. We haven't seen anything really new in mobile processors (aside from Moorestown, and that comes with a lot of caveats); mostly we have seen software updated.

For example, I am pretty sure a lot of the complaints of Flash being slow or clunky would go away with a speedier CPU/GPU; along the software optimizations that are being done to the software at the moment.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

WHat carrier has the iPhone in England?

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
O2, Vodafone, Orange, and Tesco (supermarket telecom spin off, reselling O2 network i think..)

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
O2, Vodafone, Orange, and Tesco (supermarket telecom spin off, reselling O2 network i think..)
Do any of those use the 1700/2100 MHz frequency-band?

I really wish the iPhone wasn't on AT&T

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
All carriers have the iphone in England

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
nokia has there head in the sand.
The iPhone OS upgrades are more like feature packs. MeeGo is going to be a much bigger change.

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever