Thanks, you guys. I still have a couple of more "quests" I can think of, just need to double-check them and write em down here.

Btw, no need for this to be a single player thread, anyone may add quests if they like. To distinguish the quests from normal posts like this one I've written them the following way:

* text body in "Century Gothic" italic font
* heading in the same font size 4 bold
* code in standard "Courier New"

And of course, do let me know if you see any mistakes, omissions etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to nephridium For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Video recording Stuttering, ISO with Manual exposure setting doesn't work

Have been Cursed during the battle with theDroid and iPhoney4 boss: Disasterous of Cameraus, ST -5, CH - 4, INT - 2, AGI -1
Not sure what happened here, my hero hasn't been cursed yet, but if you enabled saving you might start from one of your savegames.

Through checking the posts here I know some quests have a likelihood of cursing N900, so I've stayed away from them till they look safe to play (i.e. nicely packaged up / less bug reports).

If all fails there might be no other way but to restart the game from the beginning..

Last edited by nephridium; 2010-08-26 at 02:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to nephridium For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Ok even though the last RPG I really played fully thru at release was FFVII, (which btw I emulated for geekier friends to marvel at) this thread has me lol'ing, Once I added ChronoTrigger to my DocSnes and showed the same fanboys they were almost hooked, now if I show them this thread, some converts maybe in order. Excellent thread, amazing creativity, and wonderful enthusiasm for a newbie. Must I remind anyone this is what makes Maemo/MeeGo so freaking great?

ps- A lil jealous you earned more thanks so quickly than I have in such a short time, but credit is due, where credit is due!

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
Great idea - a fun way of documenting useful tips & tricks,
Thanks

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
LOL EPIC THREAD IS EPIC!

What lvl is your hero now?? Dare i say over 9000???

Aside from that it's kinda hard to track what stats represents what lol...

btw, the transition tweak is AWESOME, i strongly suggest everyone to use this. One of the best tweaks i've ever done to the N900, it's so much faster now!! With overclocking enabled, it's INSANELY fast, i love it! Props to you once again

And as for the indexing tweak, is there anything else that can be done to further enhance it?? I don't know if you know this already but there's this app called "tracker-cfg" from App Manager, it can do everything you've mentioned easily with toggle boxes (tick-options) and a few other ones in there as well, along with throttles (which i dunno what that's for, maybe to adjust the refresh rates?). Maybe u can play around with that and see what can be enabled/disabled??

Last edited by chaoscreater; 2010-09-01 at 02:54.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by nephridium View Post
Add "Easy Debian" and marvel at the amount of additional apps (and source code) available for your device. E.g. among others I installed: lynx, tuxguitar, subversion, mpg123, sweep (audio editor).
I didn't know sweep before and tried it out under Easy Debian, semi-successfully. At first, it could not open the audio device, and after fiddling around a bit, it suddenly could. Later it wouldn't again. Does it work reliably for you?

At any rate, I have a new alternative sound editor on my laptop now.

Very good thread, I actually used a post from one of the quests yesterday which I found from searching (the one about allowing thumbnailer daemon to run while the phone is resting by the campfire), and now it makes a lot more sense than yesterday!

Your RPG system reminds me some of the SPECIAL system (Strength-Perception-Endurance-Charisma-Intelligence-Agility-Luck) in Fallout 1-2, was it intentional?

Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
I didn't know sweep before and tried it out under Easy Debian, semi-successfully. At first, it could not open the audio device, and after fiddling around a bit, it suddenly could. Later it wouldn't again. Does it work reliably for you?

At any rate, I have a new alternative sound editor on my laptop now.
Yea, Audio seems a bit flaky on easydebian, the first few times there sometimes was some delay and stutter, but recently it worked ok for me. I tried to tweak some of the audio settings, but am not sure if they had any effect on this issue.

Originally Posted by barzam View Post
Very good thread, I actually used a post from one of the quests yesterday which I found from searching (the one about allowing thumbnailer daemon to run while the phone is resting by the campfire), and now it makes a lot more sense than yesterday!

Your RPG system reminds me some of the SPECIAL system (Strength-Perception-Endurance-Charisma-Intelligence-Agility-Luck) in Fallout 1-2, was it intentional?
Hehe, yea, I based it on the SPECIAL/GURPS systems used for RPGs. - I like how you get a somewhat generic product out of the box, but once you gain root it can be customised and improved beyond anything you'd expect from any device this size. It may require some time fiddling here and there, but that's essentially what makes RPGs so appealing.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Here is one:

FMTX weapon. Unlocked to use 76.0MHZ to 107.9MHz without any restriction.

This dagger will allow the user to piece through any country Radio frequency , best to use against boss (the Evil Iphoney). The dagger can be thrown through the air while the helder can change it piecefullness.

Dagger of Freedom Frequency: Str + 3, AG + 1, INT + 1, LUK + 5, HP + 20

Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
How can I modify the .ini file? Where is it located?

Some help will be highly appreciated!!

u sure have small eyes........here:

Originally Posted by nephridium View Post
Transitions Speedup

This quest was a godsend! I was quite annoyed at the sluggishness of my hero with seemingly no way to increase his agility (-> overclocking quest not very succcessful) until I found the file to tweak the transitions:
/usr/share/themes/default/transitions.ini

Some people tweak it to gain an additional CH +1 bonus (sometimes sacrificing -1 ST due to lower agility). I chose the other path and removed any transition delays by setting corresponding values to "1". The device feels REALLY fast now, even with only 600 MHz.

Reward: Armor of Fabulousness, CH +1, ST -0..1
or: Armor of Agility, ST +2, CH -1