Active Topics

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
for all those having problems after the installation, try the following:

-get the contact to appear online
-make a regular gtalk call to the contact
-disconnect the call and make sure the avatar of your contact shows the green "online status" dot
-now go back to the contacts app and find the contact, you'll see the video call option in the gtalk services option (will upload screenshot later for your reference)
That's the bit I can't do, if it won't work in the first place.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
Same. I'll let you know if I find out something. Messing with it now.
Glad I'm not the only one. It must be a variant-related bug.

My experience with the installation was nice and easy.
After automatically rebooting itself and logging me into gtalk, i could not find the videocall option. Had to set my status to offline then online and it all worked like a charm after that.

Called my friend on his galaxy note and then he called me back a few minutes later with no problem

The screen orientation was wierd though, its like a window to the left that covers less than half the screen, saw it go fullscreen for a second and then back to left

It could be improved upon but i'm happy

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by Ermany View Post
can someone post a screenshot where the video call option is when selecting someone who is ON GTALK/ONLINE?
Here's a screenshot. You have to choose the contact from the phone book.
Attached Images

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ukraine, Kiev
Hi, guys. Those who have problems with installing gtalk video calls, try this:
1. downloading the software on the PC. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34051204/vid....5-1_armel.deb (sorry that I give my link with dropbox), or download it from OVI store to PC.
2. load a video-call-installer to the phone => in folder Downloads
3. open a terminal, enter the devel-su, get root, write "cd /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads" , and do "dpkg -i video-call-installer_1_446132.0.5-1_armel.deb" , without " ".

try and write about the results.

Sorry for my bad english...

Last edited by venomcortx1; 2012-03-02 at 18:11.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Oh no, now i have it, too: camera does not work any more after installing this. Their development team is not as good add it used to be in the maemo-days.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Works for me...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Today I saw there is an update for gtalk video calls. I tried to install this update, but installations failed. Now I cannot use the gtalk anymore, cannot install, reinstall or unistall. Someone had the same problem?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by voancea View Post
Today I saw there is an update for gtalk video calls. I tried to install this update, but installations failed. Now I cannot use the gtalk anymore, cannot install, reinstall or unistall. Someone had the same problem?
I tried to install it, the screen went blank, I assumed it was rebooting. Then in red letters on the side, rescuing software update, please do not interrupt and now it is busy loading. I was worried, I waited, then I tested it out and Gtalk video works soooo much better now it's awesome.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Today there was a new update for GTalk Video call in the Store (strange enough I didn't get an update notification in the homescreen, not even after going to Manage Programs and clicking on the refresh button in the Update screen, wasn't PR1.2 supposed to bring this feature?).