Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Hello Scorpius! Thanks for this great app!

I'm wondering if it could be possible to add a new feature in Yappari, concerning the privacy.

Many people don't like other to see when they're online (and their last time online).

As I guess Whatsapp for iOS (maybe for Android with another app?) allows the user to not share his/her status, could it be possible to add this feature to Yappari?

Thanks again!

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Netherlands, Flevoland
is it an idea, and is it possible, to make the Yappari-icon change color,for example red, when there is no connection? (not connected, waiting for connection, ...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Hansie_k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Hansie_k View Post
is it an idea, and is it possible, to make the Yappari-icon change color,for example red, when there is no connection? (not connected, waiting for connection, ...)
That would actually be very nice! I'll see what I can do.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I don't see any multimedia message in that log.

Please quit Yappari, delete your log (rm /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log), restart Yappari and reproduce the problem so the log is shorter.
i did as you asked and here is my new log:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qmug67

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Netherlands, Flevoland
no idea if this is a Yappari issue, or Whatsapp, but when I want to buy credits (Whatsapp) no matter what I choose (1,3 or 5 years), I can only buy 1 year..

just a little thing...

Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
i did as you asked and here is my new log:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qmug67
There's no multimedia messages in that log either.

I don't think you're reproducing the problem. Wasn't your problem that you couldn't download pictures? you have to receive one so I can see in the log what is going on.

Originally Posted by Hansie_k View Post
no idea if this is a Yappari issue, or Whatsapp, but when I want to buy credits (Whatsapp) no matter what I choose (1,3 or 5 years), I can only buy 1 year..

just a little thing...
Yeah, those links are for Paypal and WhatsApp removed the Paypal offer. It is still available in Google Wallet, so I would have to make a different GUI and let the user choose first between Paypal and Google Wallet and then choose 1 year (only option in Paypal) or 1, 3 or 5 years (for Google Wallet).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Hi. I like to know the posibility to chnage the push to talk position, because sometimes, i push 2 times the send button, and start recording.
Is quite crazy .
Thanks for Yappari.

The Following User Says Thank You to bioepi For This Useful Post:
Scorpius. Pls something should b done about d online status problem. Wen a msg is received, yappari puts u online even if u'v nt read d msg. A lot of ma frends are alredy complainin of me ignoring dem even wen i'v not read their msgs. Pls can smtin b done bout dat? Ptt shouldnt sent immediately after recordin. There shuld be options to re-record, send or cancel....thanks

Last edited by speedonwilliam; 2013-10-16 at 13:05.

Originally Posted by speedonwilliam View Post
Scorpius. Pls something should b done about d online status problem. Wen a msg is received, yappari puts u online even if u'v nt read d msg. A lot of ma frends are alredy complainin of me ignoring dem even wen i'v not read their msgs. Pls can smtin b done bout dat? Ptt shouldnt sent immediately after recordin. There shuld be options to re-record, send or cancel....thanks
Push-To-Talk behavior is exactly like the official WhatsApp client. It's pretty absurd to listen the message after you record it: the idea is to have the same user experience than a 2-way radio.

So forget about re-record, send or cancel that's absurd. Haven't you ever talked using a radio?

About the online feature: I already said this several times, with Yappari you are always online, always, always, always, always. Search the thread to know why.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp