Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I tried to make the same colors but it's impossible using hildon buttons, so I would have to make my own button where the background can be changed, and I don't really want to waste time on GUI stuff.

I know it sounds weird but you have to try to fix it to understand it. If you change the background where a button is, you'll see a big margin around the button, like if the button doesn't really have transparent background, but actually Maemo hardcoded black as background in the buttons. It looks so horrible than I decided that, for now, it looks the same.

Again, I'm not working on Yappari right now, but the code is there, everybody can edit it and implement new stuff there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
For a long time, i did not use my N900.
Today i was starting it since 1 year, the first message was, "a yappari update is available now" I was updating yappari..
All functions like the original whatsapp have, working in yappari!

Respect for your wunderful app!

Sorry for my bad english

The Following User Says Thank You to skyrider3450 For This Useful Post:
Hey everybody,
first I like to thank scorpius for his great work,nice job, I follow since the very beginning and donated a little something back in 2012(but right now unfortunately a little short on cash ). And also unfortunately I have to change my phone due to work reasons and at least for quite some time leave my beloved N900 behind. Therefor I wanted to ask if anybody knows a way to register with the same sim on whatsapp on another phone. I know that it is not supposed to be possible as Whatsapp is registered on my N900 on my phone but is there any way of unregistering or do I have to get a new number? the problem is without the sim(need it in the new phone) i do not have wifi in my N900, otherwise I would keep the N900 as "2nd" phone...hope u guys understand my problem and thankful for any help...
regards Pete

Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
Hey everybody,
first I like to thank scorpius for his great work,nice job, I follow since the very beginning and donated a little something back in 2012(but right now unfortunately a little short on cash ). And also unfortunately I have to change my phone due to work reasons and at least for quite some time leave my beloved N900 behind. Therefor I wanted to ask if anybody knows a way to register with the same sim on whatsapp on another phone. I know that it is not supposed to be possible as Whatsapp is registered on my N900 on my phone but is there any way of unregistering or do I have to get a new number? the problem is without the sim(need it in the new phone) i do not have wifi in my N900, otherwise I would keep the N900 as "2nd" phone...hope u guys understand my problem and thankful for any help...
regards Pete
I'm not sure if I follow:

- If you're asking if you can have the same number in the N900 and another phone at the same time: No, you can't, and if you try WhatsApp will block you.

- If you're asking what happens when you move the SIM from the N900 to another phone? then you register that new phone with that phone number and the N900 won't be able to connect (via WiFi for example).

- If you put a new SIM in the N900 Yappari will say "New SIM detected, want to register this number?".

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@peterpan you can just use sim in other phone, install whatsapp application on it and register again same number. registration code will be sent, there are no restrictions, you can move sim to another phone, do registration again and use whatsapp there. the only restriction - you can't use one whatsapp number on many phones simultaneously.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Again, I'm not working on Yappari right now, but the code is there, everybody can edit it and implement new stuff there.
You are saying it second time, so I`m guessing that I`m late to the party with Yappari and you are not interested in user feedback regarding future improvements anymore.

Ok - fair enough, but nonetheless here is another one (either for you or some another dev willing to pick up):
16. Message input field (white one, text field) is automatically adding lines (rows) when long text is written - up to 5 lines. Good.
But when you delete such a long message it`s not automatically resized to small, one line field size. So there is actually only one line inside but it still looks like there are 5:

Proper behavior is like in the stock sms app: auto enlarge text input field size up to 6 lines of text and auto reduce again to 1 line upon its deleting.

The Following User Says Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Hi, a few quick questions, as iam unable to read through approx. 450Pages

First of, is there a possibility to choose which numbers to sync/add to yappari?
I would just very unlikely like to sync my whole Phonebook with whatsapp.
And how is it about the experiration of Whatsapp? On Android you can simply wipe Whatsapp and reinstall to get another free trial-period out of it, how's it on Yappari?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Wibki View Post
Hi, a few quick questions, as iam unable to read through approx. 450Pages

First of, is there a possibility to choose which numbers to sync/add to yappari?
I would just very unlikely like to sync my whole Phonebook with whatsapp.
And how is it about the experiration of Whatsapp? On Android you can simply wipe Whatsapp and reinstall to get another free trial-period out of it, how's it on Yappari?

Thank you!
You can use the search you don't need to read all the pages.

You could modify your phone book and edit the phone numbers you want to sync in international format and then select in Yappari the option to sync only numbers in international formats. Again use the search.

Third, it's totally false that you can wipe WhatsApp in an Android (or actually any other platform like iPhone/Windows Mobile/Symbian/etc) and then reinstall, re-register and get another free trial. Trial expirations are saved in the server and WhatsApp is now seriously charging everybody.

My gf changed SIM to another phone and when she registered WhatsApp in her new phone it says "only 3 months left in your trial period".

So in Yappari you will have to pay to WhatsApp when your trial period is over. If you don't want to pay, then don't use WhatsApp and look for an alternative.

Same goes to "same phone" another sim?
Or is it most-likely just sim-based and not imei-based?

Originally Posted by Wibki View Post
Same goes to "same phone" another sim?
Or is it most-likely just sim-based and not imei-based?
It's phone number based.

You can register a new phone number and you'll have the whole year again.

But you can't rip off another year from the same phone number from WhatsApp.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp