Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Okay.

Back to "sync international numbers only".

So if i select that, and modify the numbers of users i know use Whatsapp, only those (for example: +491234123123) will get synced?
And this is directly sorted out on my phone and not "synced completty" and then remove "01567...and so on numbers"?

If so, i guess its the way i will do it

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Wibki View Post
Okay.

Back to "sync international numbers only".

So if i select that, and modify the numbers of users i know use Whatsapp, only those (for example: +491234123123) will get synced?
And this is directly sorted out on my phone and not "synced completty" and then remove "01567...and so on numbers"?

If so, i guess its the way i will do it
Yes. Only numbers that start with a + in your phone book will get sync'd.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I am a happy user of that function. I don't want to give Whatsapp Inc. all my phonebook. In Android I didn't use Whatsapp because there's no way to get that. I searched for alternative phonebooks to have the official just with contacts for whatsapp, and another with all the contacts, but I didn't get anything.

Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I am a happy user of that function. I don't want to give Whatsapp Inc. all my phonebook. In Android I didn't use Whatsapp because there's no way to get that. I searched for alternative phonebooks to have the official just with contacts for whatsapp, and another with all the contacts, but I didn't get anything.
Hey you give them still your phone-number and IMEI but i guess that is as good as it gets

BTW. is there a encryption-function for it like OTR with Pidgin, or any possibilty to add such a functionality?

If so, could it be cross-plattform, or would it in any case be a feature that only yappari-users could use?

That would actually put the cherry on the cake

Thank you anyways for your fast, and direct help

Quite unusally in my experience

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Hey you give them still your phone-number and IMEI but i guess that is as good as it gets
Mi IMEI yes, but not my phone number. For whatsapp I use one "alias number" registered at http://fonyou.com (really the .es in spanish for me).

BTW. is there a encryption-function for it like OTR with Pidgin, or any possibilty to add such a functionality?

If so, could it be cross-plattform, or would it in any case be a feature that only yappari-users could use?
Since whatsapp protocol doens't support that, It could only be a yappari-only feature, and I suppose that it wouldn't be easy to implement.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Mi IMEI yes, but not my phone number. For whatsapp I use one "alias number" registered at http://fonyou.com (really the .es in spanish for me).
Thanks for the link, this sounds like an interesting solution! On the English page it's advertised only for operators though. Too bad, would have liked to pick it up myself.

Three other things:
is it possible to spoof an IMEI?

Second one - are whatsapp messages saved locally only or on the whatsapp server itself? Could I reinstall yappari/whatsapp on another device and access my message history with contacts?

Last one:
Scorpius - do you plan a yappari version for Sailfish OS?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
Thanks for the link, this sounds like an interesting solution! On the English page it's advertised only for operators though. Too bad, would have liked to pick it up myself.

Three other things:
is it possible to spoof an IMEI?

Second one - are whatsapp messages saved locally only or on the whatsapp server itself? Could I reinstall yappari/whatsapp on another device and access my message history with contacts?

Last one:
Scorpius - do you plan a yappari version for Sailfish OS?
is it possible to spoof an IMEI? Yeah, just edit it in the yappari.conf file.

are whatsapp messages saved locally only or on the whatsapp server itself? Locally. You would lose your history going from one device to another.

do you plan a yappari version for Sailfish OS? No, but I think coderus has a working client of Persecute for Sailfish.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yeah that would be the solution, but I think that means to discard almost everything and write Yappari from scratch.
What do you think about this?: I added a timer to handle the network read, so it's executed in a different thread.
I attach the patch file with the changes I made.
Attached Files
File Type: txt yapparink.patch.txt (4.3 KB, 78 views)

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
Hi Scorpius, have you ever hear about telegram messenger ( www.telegram.org ) ?
It has open API and heavily encrypted.

If you have time, would you please consider create Telegram client for Maemo?
there is source code for a Linux Command-line interface for Telegram.

https://github.com/vysheng/tg

can compile for N900?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp