Active Topics

Notices

Hi, for me, Waze starts up only to stay forever in "No network" & GPS not yet initialized.
However, the GPS icon says it connected alright & I could surf net at that those same moments.
I could quit Waze, run Modrana & it'll run fine. Run Waze again & I get what I got previously.

A quick search did not return any results so.
Any idea what's wrong or what I should do to get help? (log files to submit for debugging, etc).

Thanks & best regards,

kh

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by bozoid View Post
Hi, for me, Waze starts up only to stay forever in "No network" & GPS not yet initialized.
However, the GPS icon says it connected alright & I could surf net at that those same moments.
I could quit Waze, run Modrana & it'll run fine. Run Waze again & I get what I got previously.

A quick search did not return any results so.
Any idea what's wrong or what I should do to get help? (log files to submit for debugging, etc).

Thanks & best regards,

kh
if its N900, change the AGPS provider to google - this should fix the GPS reception issue - search this thread for "AGPS" as it was suggested multiple times.

Regarding the net status, the waze servers might have been down when you tried or that there is a connection issue with the client. Make sure u have a stable internet connection, start waze and raise the log level (see first post how), and attach the postmortem file here. I will have a look

Thanks DS!

- AGPS - setting was already changed to google long before I install Waze; indicated GPS my itself is not an issue in my previous post when I mentioned ModRana worked perfectly fine. It somehow only didn't work with Waze that time. It seems to work recently though.
- Net status - by itself, there isn't any issue as well; indicated in my previous post when I mentioned ModRana worked perfectly fine, and also that I could surf net at those same moments. One note on this: I tried Waze on separate days (2 weeks apart) & on those 2 days, it reported no network.

I looked at the postmortem file. The errors reported somehow seemed like my waze wasnt' installed properly. Strange. & so I rm -Rf ~/Mydocs/.waze & reinstalled waze.

Attached z.zip containing various files for your diagnosis.
- zp00.zip - postmortem file before I reinstall; seems logging is at minimal.
- zp01.zip - first log file after reinstall; halfway thru, I changed logging to full in menus & closed waze, & did an echo > ~/MyDocs/.waze/postmortem to clear its contents.
- zp02.zip - log file after starting waze 2nd time after reinstall. It would be based on full logging settings I think.
- Screenshot - shows the screen I'm stuck at. I thought I tried to get another screenshot but could not (clicked on gps/network icon & a dialog showed poor gps & no network connectivity).

Could I suggest following:
- Your advise on GPS be placed in first post, above Changelogs. Changelogs can get reaaaaaaaally long & a first time app user might just ignore it.
- Your instructions for logs be placed in first post, above Changelogs as well.
- Waze to save login info perhaps? I need to login with password every time & it's a bit of a hassle...

Thanks again & best regards,

kh
Attached Files
File Type: zip z.zip (45.0 KB, 83 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to bozoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Finally! Found a solution to the audio issue which interrupts other players - only tested on the N9 for now.
If it verifies on the N900 I will release it in the middle of next week.

Update: sadly on the N900 it is a little bit more complex - release will be postponed to next week.

Last edited by damagedspline; 2013-01-06 at 07:18. Reason: N900 update

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
i can't find the latest version for n9. can you post a link?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Yisroel491 View Post
i can't find the latest version for n9. can you post a link?
http://repo.pub.meego.com/home%3a/da...0.11_armel.deb

Of course you can use the Apps4Meego client to get it too

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-01-10 at 06:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Erm, this might sound quite foolish but how do i search location and initiate navigation?

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Erm, this might sound quite foolish but how do i search location and initiate navigation?
just slide the menu button to the right. i also couldn't figure this out until i read the beginning of this thread where it talks about the patch.

Thanks. I kept sliding the event button to the left instead. haha. No wonder it didn't work

actually i didn't have a clue what to do. i was about to ask for help when i saw you asking the same question.