Active Topics

I recently contacted the Pimlico support people at SWSupport@PimlicoSoftware.com and they solved my Datebook5 problem completely! Here's the complete story:
I installed Datebook5 on Garnet Vm by copying the three files (icons, setup, and Datebook) from my computer to a memory card which I then placed in the NIT. But it loaded in Garnet as the trial version and I had paid for the registered version. Datebook5 has the icons and the float function which I use a lot. But when I went to the register page on the GVM Datebook5 I saw a different Hotsyc ID than was on my Palm. My registration number didn't work, of course because it didn't match the ID. I could find no way to change the Hotsync ID even though I did quite a bit of searching. It may be possible with something called Changename but I read conflicting reports. Anyway, my ID had been changed by GVM into something resembling an abbreviated hexadecimal number which was also an abbreviated version of the name Garnet had chosen of its own accord to call my device (found by going to the opening menu page of the GVM Datebook5 and tapping Menu icon followed by info and then version). The Pimlico support person kindly generated me a new registration number and when I popped it into the registration box on the GVM Datebook5 everything worked and continues to work perfectly--no annoying prompts and full icon availability. Alarms of course still don't work, but everything else does. I highly recommend this if anyone else has had this problem!

The Following User Says Thank You to sarthurs1 For This Useful Post:
I've had various Palms, Sony Clies and Handspring Visors for many, many years. I used cradles to hot sync and never had a problem.

I think the issue here is that my PC recognizes the hot sync that is generated by the N800 and both devices show a successful sync completed. Yet no data appears on the N800. This is a known issue, since the Garnet site offers a work around. Unfortunately, that solution is NOT working for me or lots of others, apparently.

Did you copy your data from your old hotsync id on your PC to the new one? That's what the instructions say to do. It shouldn't be necessary, because syncing with a new blank account should get the data from the handheld into it. This isn't a normal Palm sync, though, so it might be necessary. The conduits can be set to go either way, or both ways, in the Palm hotsync manager. I don't know what they do in GVM. I'm still syncing my Palm to my Linux laptop with J-Pilot, and not bothering to sync my N800. I don't trust GVM with my real data yet.

I'm not sure what you mean. I set the Hot Sync manger to have the PC overwrite the device. When i tap "sync" on the device, I get a popup on the PC asking to identify user, either from a list or as new. I choose the ID I just created "cleanly" as per the instructions from Garnet. I get a successfully hotsync message on both PC and N800. But no data is displayed on the Garnet VM on the N800.

On the PC
Select your old user account.
Export the data associated with each applications (File Menu => Export)
Select the new account.
Import all the data you exported previously.
You can export/import, or just copy, I should think.

That's exactly what i did.

Well, I don't know then. It worked for me, and most other people. I'm out of suggestions.

The Following User Says Thank You to sgosnell For This Useful Post:
Me too. Thanks anyway.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by shtevie View Post
...I get a successfully hotsync message on both PC and N800. But no data is displayed on the Garnet VM on the N800.
It is 'normal'. Do it the 2nd, or 3rd time, data will appear.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=23105

bun

Tags
garnet, palm