Active Topics

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Convulted, I was there when you won it last night and I simply want to say congratulations bro. Envirofone will offer you £2.58 for your 1110

@ t3styler: Lol last I checked on Mazuma they offered me £1.50. I might keep it just in case, though.

@ Ne@polis: Cheers!

(From now on I will try to stick to the point of the thread... I think conversations related to me getting the tablet should probably be held over at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...575#post380575 -- I just want one N900 thread to be a useful resource )

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by convulted View Post
...I can't find a way of writing "é" with the UK keyboard...
  1. blue arrow key
  2. Sym key
  3. tap wanted accent mark on-screen
  4. letter-to-be-accented key

For an accent mark on its own (e.g. "~"), press the space bar rather than a letter in step 4 above.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
@ convulted, after reading through the first 3 pages i see the thread is stroggling with being on topic... so let me say your are a very strikingly hansome fellow with the the n900 in hand but um ahem.. so on to topic, how are your first impressions going, not only with the run of the mill things most already know about but what are some things we might not have seen in any video or heard of in a review that you may have discoverd... also how is your first smartphone going to be incorporated into your life ( like what types of things do you think you'll use it for mostly ) since it has so much more then a reg phone. My first smartphone was the the Cingular 8525 by HTC which kept me busy for months I loved it because from shool to work to listining to musci, movies etc it was awesome( the only thing it couldnt do was print lol) and have been an adment smart phone user ever since... I could never go back to a reg phone after my first impresions with smartphones

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-11-18 at 12:44.

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
I've quickly skimmed over the thread but found no indication on when you ordered your phone and from where etc... please detail (sorry if you're already done so)

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
It was given to him by Nokia at the meet-up

Anyhoo:

Look forward to more in depth impressions when the lucky N900 owner has time

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Id love to know what version of Ovi Maps thats on it. if you have time and inclination to check. Either way have fun

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post

Anyhoo:

Did they charge him full price?

Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
Id love to know what version of Ovi Maps thats on it. if you have time and inclination to check. Either way have fun
I've read somewhere that its not the latest maps that are installed on the N900.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post

Anyhoo:

This is why I read this forum at work... it makes my day go by faster... LOL geez you guys are halarious

Originally Posted by mchu6am4 View Post
Did they charge him full price?

are you seriuos dude...

Tags
first impressions, fremantle, impressions, initial impressions, maemo, maemo 5, moderator, n900, out of box, out of box experience, please merge, review, shiny